Accuracy of build estimates

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
I've ordered 280 5 door, Monsoon Grey, Pan roof, winter pack. So standard 19 wheels and standard seats.
I was emailed a pdf order sheet on 1st April (less than 24hrs after deal) and then a confirmation of order pdf on 3rd April (that one features paint code numbers and dealer info).

The Week 20 build info came in the dealers reply after I emailed Tuesday asking for a build week? (Again less than 24hrs)

Hmm, I eventually got an order form through the post after badgering them for it, it didn't have paint codes etc on it I don't think. On the week 20 are they guessing or have they had confirmation from the factory? Mine is currently guessing mid may for a build, so would also be week 20 or 21, but when I initially ordered it they said delivery (not build) would be around the 10th may, which would make the build week something like 16 or 17 (ie this week or next!) I get conflicting information every time I talk to them, last time they said it might be 14 weeks from order to delivery!! Think another pestering phone call from me is in order!

Last edited:

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
Heard back from the dealer, my car is currently in production! :D He thinks it will be delivered in the 3rd or 4th week in may which would make 11/12 weeks from order! Feel happier now! :)

unkl77

Apr 5, 2015
My second pdf is 'order confirmation' with an 'SLI' number. The dealer did say Week 20 is expected, not confirmed- I haven't been given any mention of a seat delay but they did know about the wheel delay- I'm expecting to take delivery at the start of Sept (my pdf has a 'handover committed date in the bottom right hand corner of 01/09/15)

Dealer said they would let me have confirmed build week when they are told.

You wouldn't have thought it was that difficult, but many of us seem to be getting mixed info or little info!

unkl77

Apr 5, 2015
Heard back from the dealer, my car is currently in production! :D He thinks it will be delivered in the 3rd or 4th week in may which would make 11/12 weeks from order! Feel happier now! :)

What spec mate?

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
My second pdf is 'order confirmation' with an 'SLI' number. The dealer did say Week 20 is expected, not confirmed- I haven't been given any mention of a seat delay but they did know about the wheel delay- I'm expecting to take delivery at the start of Sept (my pdf has a 'handover committed date in the bottom right hand corner of 01/09/15)

Dealer said they would let me have confirmed build week when they are told.

You wouldn't have thought it was that difficult, but many of us seem to be getting mixed info or little info!

My form didnt have a confirmed handover date! Although it did show a delivery date of 10th May.
It wasn't an official SEAT one though but one produced by the dealer, so maybe each dealer does their own forms with whatever info they think the customer should have?!

R19

Mar 8, 2015
Just drove past my local dealers and noticed a new cupra in their carpark.. had a closer look and it a 280 SC in white with sub8/orange pack. Looks unbelievable in the flesh, really hot hatch looking. I can upload some pics if you guys like, makes me want to change my order !

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
If that's the car my dealer told me was on a boat I think it's dynamic grey with the sub 8 orange line. I do wish I'd seen it, as the Orange line is striking.

R19

Mar 8, 2015
So.. Just been on to seat to see if i can upgrade to black line pack, because of the delays.. And he tells me i have a build slot in week 20 (middle of may), this will be confirmed in the next couple of weeks. Booyah !

Ill upload a couple of photos of that sc sub8 280 this aft! :):D

R19

Mar 8, 2015
If that's the car my dealer told me was on a boat I think it's dynamic grey with the sub 8 orange line. I do wish I'd seen it, as the Orange line is striking.

Nope looks like nevada white to me.. Ill get a pic up this aft.

nicolas12

Apr 18, 2015
Denmark, Jyllinge
Ordered the cupra St dsg on 15 March. They could not promise any delivery times in DK. The production week has still not been confirmed (5 weeks since order)
Ordered with panoramic roof, leather cabin, smal satnav, black edition.
The dealer guesstimate a delivery between 12-24 weeks, no promises.

Last edited:

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Ordered the cupra St dsg on 15 March. They could not promise any delivery times in DK. The production week has still not been confirmed (5 weeks since order)
Ordered with panoramic roof, leather cabin, smal satnav, black edition.
The dealer guesstimate a delivery between 12-24 weeks, no promises.

Add your purchase to the poll so we know how many cupras of different varieties we have on the forum