Up Graded my FMIC

Matt_75

Mar 22, 2015
Kent
After having gone to rolling road day at AmD and speaking to them I thought it would be time to upgrade to a bigger intercooler, so after a bit of research I found most people was going for Toyo or know as the wellycooler. Once again sourced mine off good old eBay for cheaper than the manufacturer.
Before

Bumper removed to find what has to be the worst looking pipe work ever (fmic and pipe work fitted by a garage for previous owner)

Then with bumper support and fmic removed

Matt_75

Mar 22, 2015
Kent
Then after some cutting or support bars out and mounting brackets made the new one went in

After cutting notch out in support bar and sorting out pipe work and a tidy up and pipe polished it was nearly done

Matt_75

Mar 22, 2015
Kent
Once I found a small gap tucked away for the horn to be mounted

Back on with the bumper and a little bit of tweaking with new grille for more air flow number plate support removed and I was all done..

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Looking good there . Will help if you had any heat soak . That number plate legal ? Only reason I ask , is that I'm looking to change my front plate to something different ( square , or smaller , or even have it to one side slightly - on the bulge curve bit ).

Matt_75

Mar 22, 2015
Kent
Looking good there . Will help if you had any heat soak . That number plate legal ? Only reason I ask , is that I'm looking to change my front plate to something different ( square , or smaller , or even have it to one side slightly - on the bulge curve bit ).

Car seems to run a lot cooler, number plate is not a legal one as far to small but have the legal one under front seat just in case my plod has a chat lol. I wanted to move the number plate but the standard one was just to big to go somewhere different even thought of corner of bumper under headlight but look pants, even had trouble placing the smaller one so it ended in the middle

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Glad you said the number plate looks crap under the head light . That's what I meant about putting it on the bulge curve on my bumper . Was very unsure if it would look right or not .
Think I may go for the square plate and fill the original holes on the bumper from the old plate before it goes in for a respray .
Good call on keeping the legal plate under the seat . Saying that pending on how the plod feel is the decider if you get a ticket or not .
I had blacked out windows once . They made me peel them off , then gave me my fine and points .

Matt_75

Mar 22, 2015
Kent
Had a small one on my scooby and was only stopped once and said for got to change it after car show, normally if you play dumb and be really really nice to them they normally quite fair

AshBoy

Apr 14, 2015
Those fogs look nice bet they look the nuts at nice. How much did that intercooler set u back? Was it much hassle to fit?

AshBoy

Apr 14, 2015
Id love to do that but i dont have the gear and i dont know what im looking at either lol

Matt_75

Mar 22, 2015
Kent
Any better pics of where you've mounted your horn? I fitted my fmic few weeks back and my horn sounds rather echoey haha. Need to move it somewhere else or rotate etc

The horn is mounted just under headlight on near side found a hole that was not in use, the original horn on my car was only a single one so changed it to a duel air horn one from halfords for around £22 very loud.

Matt_75

Mar 22, 2015
Kent
Those fogs look nice bet they look the nuts at nice. How much did that intercooler set u back? Was it much hassle to fit?

I made the fog light from two LED strips cost me £3 of eBay cut them to length and used good old cable tie to hold them in place will find a pic of them at night, intercooler was £79 had to cut some bit of body work out used a angle grinder from wilko £29 worked fine. If I had the right size pipes to fit think I could of got it all done in a day and half including fitting new plastic grille. But had to wait on delivery of new silicone hoses

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.