Birmingham members help?

Jul 30, 2010
Argyll, Scotland
Wondering if any members in the birmingham area have heard of driveline sport and performance? They seem to have a lot of cupras in stock, some are cat c/ds but a lot look in top condition.
Problem is reviews online I've found condemn the place, so wondering if anyone knew anymore

Cheers
Phil

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
it's where i got my k1 from. the service could've been better i suppose but i'd get another car from there, but next time i'd have it thoroghly checked over before buying. sorry i can't help you with any other dealers

Jul 30, 2010
Argyll, Scotland
That's great thanks, I would be getting an aa/rac check done first especially since I'm over 200 miles away so viewing in person becomes a bit tricky.

Any major issues with yours?

Last edited:

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
nothing major just wear and tear issues, the car had been thrashed and needed brakes, tyres etc. people tend to usually go outside the city to buy though from more reputable dealers and i think prices may be slightly cheaper. just give it a thorough check. atb

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Checked up on this place a while back for a similar thread. Its reputation doesn't seem to have got any better tbh , it is in a grotty area , its a high 'bash for cash' risk place . The company hasn't been established very long (2 years now I think) and the only director is a young lad. Pictures of cars are usually taken outside houses/apartments not at the dealership. Having said all that, if you do the right checks and the car comes up clean, its no bigger a risk than buying at any other none franchised dealer. Issue would probably be if there is a problem, it appears warranty work and/or complaints are not handled well.
As a local, would I buy from there? No.

Last edited:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
If you are willing to travel a bit, then check out Westgate Seat in Grimsby.
Give James a call, tell him the sort of thing you are after if they dont have it already.

They do a great deal of business over the phone for people travelling long distances. The description of the car will be bang on, it will have dealership approval, 1 month no quibble money back and a 12 month warranty - you wont be wasting your time.
James is spot on and has feedback to prove it. Defo worth a call.

nilz

Apr 12, 2015
I have seen this place too and see they have a lot of high end cars, the area of Brum is not the best and being from Birmingham myself, personally I wouldnt, however, as already mentioned if you have done all the checks etc and the car comes up ok, there is no difference from any other dealer, only issue would be aftercare really, depends if its that important to you and if you have any issues would they be willing to accomodate?

Jul 30, 2010
Argyll, Scotland
Thanks for all the advice lads. Suppose there is always a risk buying second hand no matter dealer or private. I'm in two minds really, the car I've seen has history so I wrote it off my list but keep coming back to it as spec is better than most similar spec'd models out there. Just don't want to end up buying a money pit that I get stuck with cause no one will touch it.

Thanks again for all the advice.
Phil