DAB signal issues

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
Anyone had issues with their DAB signal in the past week or so? I've been home, and through the midlands into N Wales, Cheshire & Merseyside - a trip i've done before and not had any issues but this week the DAB has been in and out all the time.

Is my car developing a problem or has the weather screwed the signal up?

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I've had issues for the past couple of weeks. I put it down to my dash cam gps signal causing interference but it is possibly not!

Interested to see if anyone else is having problems. Mine would generally be worse in built up areas where I will lose signal then it will come back again.

Deleted member 98136

Nothing much to put me off using DAB, except in built up areas - strangely there is a certain spot in my driveway where there is next to no signal, the sound fades and becomes hissy, just for a distance of a couple of foot.

Noticed on here that other users have remarked about removal of rear hatchback aerial damage due to removal of stickers and subsequent damage to aerial on the glass.

Fusster

Jul 19, 2011
As above
most common reason for poor DAB reception is damage to the ariel that is integrated in to the rear screen,have a look for any darker lines on the rear screen.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Out in deepest darkest mid Wales the DAB signal is non existent, it'll drop out and then come back sporadically. I drove through Elan Valley out to Borth recently, it was off for about an hour then frightened the bejesus out of me when it suddenly blared back into life :D

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Funny I also had mine serviced not long. Mine definately is not the aerial in the window as I pulled the sticker off when I got the car a year ago, these problems have only started in recent weeks.

Deleted member 98136

Like Seastormer has pointed out, it might be a just be a transmitter problem albeit only temporary.

Often both Radio and indeed TV transmitters are running on reduced power due to maintenance, whilst this is taking place, and you are not aware of this, it is quite likely that you are suffering poor reception and as such immediately suspect that there's a problem with, in this case, your radio.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
It's happened on my golf R for the last couple of weeks as well , signal drops out for a few seconds then comes back , also happening to my other halfs golf , I just put it down to work being carried out in the area.

mick_n3

Jul 23, 2014
Kettering Northants
I have a problem when turning left for some reason the left indicator intermittently cuts the DAB signal, not area related as it does it everywhere but only intermittently, I fitted led rear indicator bulbs and thought I might be those but it's the same with standard bulbs.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I have a problem when turning left for some reason the left indicator intermittently cuts the DAB signal, not area related as it does it everywhere but only intermittently, I fitted led rear indicator bulbs and thought I might be those but it's the same with standard bulbs.

That's interesting, both mine do it when I put it in reverse (dsg gearbox)

dr_robert

Apr 21, 2015
Thanks - only need 3 or 4 to be honest...

Radio 2 for the wifey
Radio 5live for morning news/sports fix
And PlanetRock for when im driving on my own and can turn up to 11 :lol:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Thanks - only need 3 or 4 to be honest...

Radio 2 for the wifey
Radio 5live for morning news/sports fix
And PlanetRock for when im driving on my own and can turn up to 11 :lol:

Don't no if you know, but you can download and add station logos/icons to the radio/favourites presets via a usb stick

Last edited:

dr_robert

Apr 21, 2015
Yes I saw that you can download station "artwork" for the DAB channels.

As for music MP£ files I presume it works equally well uploading artwork over Bluetooth once connected to your phone?

SamM2342

Jul 7, 2021
Wexford Ireland
Hi I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same thing with mine only with both indicators just wondering if you ever figured it out?