It's Time....

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well after having my beloved Shirley for just over 2 years I finally got the green light to get a company car, two weeks ago I sold Shirley to a nice chap from Brummyland and I must admit I was genuinely sad to see her leave lol sounds a bit gay I know and I am glad the car has a girls name haha

Currently whilst waiting for my company car my work has got me some hire cars till it is delivered currently I have had 2 1.0 T Ford Focus EcoBoost (Zetec S and Titanium) and currently I have a BMW 1 Series M Sport 116D which is the biggest pile of sloppy poo I have ever driven...

As the Focus was so good (whilst I was choosing I also got a hire car) I went for the new Focus 1.0T Titanium X which I know sounds a bit **** but I was impressed with it all be it down on 75 ponies from Shirley..

So for £150 a month in tax I get this car with all fuel paid for and all services etc done then after 4 years I pick another one... should be fun!

It should hopefully look a little like this

54786784.jpg

54786786.jpg

54786793.jpg

I have 1000 more miles in it before they give me something else, but hopefully it will last till my car date of the 8th May...

This does mean that I won't be on the forum as much but shall pop in from time to time to give Betty Swollox some abuse and help anyone that posts in my threads etc

It has been a pleasure

Cheers :cheers:

Simon

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Well after having my beloved Shirley for just over 2 years I finally got the green light to get a company car, two weeks ago I sold Shirley to a nice chap from Brummyland

So its been nicked already then... :D

Surprised to here the 1 series is worse than the focus though? Much worse..?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

Haha hopefully not but it's a possibility lol

The 1 series is the worst car I have ever driven the seats are beyond uncomfortable and the leg room in the back is shite! The road noise makes phones calls shocking for the other person and the gearbox is poo!

The Focus I admit wouldn't be a choice of mine normally and it wasn't even in my list of cars till I had one to drive, the 1.0T is quite quick and definitely feels quicker than the under powered BMW 2.0T, the focus sounds great inside and is generally a better place to be...

I would not recommend a 1 Series to anyone if they like a little bit of comfort and an engine that actually moves or feels like it moves...

I could keep going lol Although I will say the sound system in the BMW is very good!

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Haha hopefully not but it's a possibility lol

The 1 series is the worst car I have ever driven the seats are beyond uncomfortable and the leg room in the back is shite! The road noise makes phones calls shocking for the other person and the gearbox is poo!

The Focus I admit wouldn't be a choice of mine normally and it wasn't even in my list of cars till I had one to drive, the 1.0T is quite quick and definitely feels quicker than the under powered BMW 2.0T, the focus sounds great inside and is generally a better place to be...

I would not recommend a 1 Series to anyone if they like a little bit of comfort and an engine that actually moves or feels like it moves...

I could keep going lol Although I will say the sound system in the BMW is very good!

But it has a BMW badge

Dopedpanda

"Old" Hardcore Ford Fan
Jun 15, 2013
Denmark
The 1.0 3 cylinder ford engine is quite something and you are 100% right that its much more nippy and fun than similar priced (and much of the time higher priced) engines.

I work for ford and don´t think i have come across one that didn´t like the engine (maybe besides the special 3 cylinder sound)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum

OI! We're not all thieving inbreds you know!!!! And Burton's not that far.... (I know, I'm going tomorrow :D )

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
But it has a BMW badge
Haha yeah I have noticed that recently I've been driving with a little less tolerance for crap drivers lol
The 1.0 3 cylinder ford engine is quite something and you are 100% right that its much more nippy and fun than similar priced (and much of the time higher priced) engines.

I work for ford and don´t think i have come across one that didn´t like the engine (maybe besides the special 3 cylinder sound)
It's a great engine lol no one believed me when I said it was only a 1.0... I could of had this BMW in the same bracket and it's so crap in comparison if you take into account gadgets and the engine...

Sent from my D6503

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well things just got worse lol my BMW can come back now haha got taken away today and replaced with this gay thing...

dc83a9129c7716af0a6e6a9b0618393e.jpg

Sent from my D6503

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
well you'll certainly turn a few heads in that and 100% of those will be blokes going "hmm I wonder if this birds fit. Nope, its a bloke, what a bender lol" :D

Exactly my problem lol I may put a sticker on it saying this is a hire car not of my choice... Sorry no fit woman driving...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Also the space in the back is worse than the BMW which I didn't think was possible... this is their new 5 door version with space lol I sat in the front seat and pushed back all the way and it touched the rear seat... I am not far off fully back lol I guess like Graham said it's for women...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
You might as well accept your fate mate; go the whole hog and get some powered by fairy dust stickers :)

You say that but the other half is a Disney fan and we have some of them at home waiting to go on her Purple Fiesta lol

Basically I am fooked!

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
You say that but the other half is a Disney fan and we have some of them at home waiting to go on her Purple Fiesta lol

Basically I am fooked!

Do NOT let her do it Jimbo. Unless your other half looks like she-hulk she does not want to be affiliated with the fairy dust crowd. I have yet to see a decent bird driving around with them on, most of them look like the only way they can get in and out of their car is with a tub of margarine and toilet plunger fit for Mario!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Do NOT let her do it Jimbo. Unless your other half looks like she-hulk she does not want to be affiliated with the fairy dust crowd. I have yet to see a decent bird driving around with them on, most of them look like the only way they can get in and out of their car is with a tub of margarine and toilet plunger fit for Mario!

Haha I shall relay this information to her! I doubt she wants to be part of the She hulk club haha

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
nuff said... :D

Haha that is a good read!

Any of those "Nutty Tart on board" or similar window stickied cars are invariably piloted and co piloted by a pair ugly beastettes, at least size twenty, who seem to be challenging the notion that chocolate isn't physically addictive.

The other half does not fit in these categories maybe she can start a new wave of good looking fairy dust drivers lol

For example I started a new wave of BMW drivers that actually uses the indicators lol

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well an update on the mini... The engine seems so much more alive than the BMW and the sound system is even better which is nice! The start stop button is the best thing in here but if it didn't look shut and gay it might actually be ok lol

e14ebcc9af6ae87e381844200133dfe9.jpg

Sent from my D6503