I'm done. Snapped cambelt. - The start of the build!

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Good man. I would never break mine. Also yours is in the best colour. I maybe biased because mine in also a red lcr. Lol.

Better the devil you know, with forged rods you will at least know you aint going to have issues. Good luck and keep posting updates mate.

sharif

Jan 10, 2015
Good to see that you repaired it.

My engine failed on mine, just got it back on the road but have lost all love for it and will be selling it.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
I could never contemplate selling/stripping mine.
Its done 148k original clutch, just serviced yesterday with a new oil strainer/pick up fitted.
Uses no oil and still pulls brilliant as its always done.
I believe these cars and engines are strong if you follow the servicing to the letter, change the belt tensioner and pump in good time and use OEM where you can.
Alloys buckle easily though !!

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
So the good news or the better news ! Car booked in with Mr Badger himself for the beginning of June. And just placed a special order :)

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Spent the morning at badger 5, ran through a few things with Bill, and saw an s3 with stage 1 mods make some healthy power :). Really looking forward to the beginning of June now ;)

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Spent the morning at badger 5, ran through a few things with Bill, and saw an s3 with stage 1 mods make some healthy power :). Really looking forward to the beginning of June now ;)

Good man... can't wait to see your reaction when you get it all done and dusted... you'll be upset you ever thought about getting rid of her

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Haha yeah... Glad ! So happy with the money pouring into it, but, the end result should make me smile ! Hybrid turbo hopefully ordered tomorrow as soon as I can get in contact with Dan at bbt

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
Very nice ! I will be getting one of those Pipewerx DP's soon - not sure on decat or 200cell - what made you decide decat?

you should turn this in to your 'Readers ride' thread and get it moved to that section

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Opted for decat because racecar! Haha, nah, I just like the idea of having that extra bit of flow, probably going to get a cat pipe made up that I can swap in and out as needed. Yes that would be a great idea! Mods ??

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members