Strange rattle/knock

Deplunk

Jul 29, 2014
Birmingham
Evening chaps

Fitted a vac gauge to my leon cupra this evening:p went for a little drive and I noticed a knock when I 'blip' the accelerator. I have made a short video of the noise (pm me for link), the knock disappears when I press the clutch and tap the throttle.

:confused:

Cheers guys!

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
You might not have enought posts on here to pm a link. It might be easier to make your post count up to 15 where you can then post a link direct on to this thread where people can find your video.

Deplunk

Jul 29, 2014
Birmingham
Thanks 747 I'm more of a lurker, taking in all the information!

Azza, it defiantly sounds like it's gearbox side! When I brought the car I was Told the clutch had been replaced, 500 miles ago.

youtu.be/4IHMxNVAGS4

Deplunk

Jul 29, 2014
Birmingham
A friend who owns a mk4 golf has mentioned this to me, thanks for the link, much appreciated! Is the shim easy to get hold of?

Cheers

Deplunk

Jul 29, 2014
Birmingham
Spoke to David at sere parts,
he was very helpful £10 posted to me! Hopefully this solves the problem!
I will back with updates.

Cheers for the advice guys!

Deplunk

Jul 29, 2014
Birmingham
Afternoon all, made an attempt to fit the 02m shim, but I found that my gearbox is sealed at the end where the black cap should be. :s

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
That's annoying. Some Leon's do have different gearboxes that haven't got the removable cap. Not sure what ones have it though.

Deplunk

Jul 29, 2014
Birmingham
Thanks azza, been trying to find out if my gearbox is a later type or older, with no luck! Still curious as to what this rattle could be...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.