Exeos types available?

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Hey all im looking in the future to get rid of my much loved leon and go for an exeo estate, I have the dream exeo in my head but don't think its possible to get.

It has to be an estate and TSI which seems rare as anything but I am also after DSG is this possible?

I have seen the diesels with dsg but not the petrols. let me know cheers all

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Didn't think dsg ever came in the exeo, the tsi engine in general is a vary rare car

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Hey all im looking in the future to get rid of my much loved leon and go for an exeo estate, I have the dream exeo in my head but don't think its possible to get.

It has to be an estate and TSI which seems rare as anything but I am also after DSG is this possible?

I have seen the diesels with dsg but not the petrols. let me know cheers all

Get a tsi exeo! I need some tsi company!

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Haha I'm keen! You got any photos of yours? Also have you remapped yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any pics since I purchased it - it's all stock at the mo. Funny thing is there is one on autotrader which looks identical to mine (same colour) - even the reg is almost identical (just one letter different!), but it had 50k more miles than mine.

Mine's not mapped...yet.... I want to stage 1 it, but I've got a lean condition and an anomaly on fueling I'm trying to get to the bottom of first, then a carbon clean...

I used to have a MK1 Cupra, am used to the petrol response, cover <8k miles and many journeys are short so I wanted the petrol 2.0T!

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Ah crap really wanted a dsg one :( how do you find the exeo? Ride? handling?
Has your suffered from carbon build up too?

I have a Leon tfsi running 330bhp I want the exeo to be lively but I don't know if it will ever compare

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Well, coming from the MK1 Leon, the ride is good but the MK1 was harsh in hindsight (though I miss it). It being the bigger car, it doesn't feel quite as peppy as the MK1 (mine was 180bhp), but it is as fast. I had mid range tyres on before and the rear felt like it would roll away a bit, but now have some Goodyears and it feels more planted. You can get a RS4 rear anti roll bar in what is apparently an easy mod. For now I don't need it (plus it unhelpfully doubled in price over the last year!)

There's no reason why you couldn't get the Exeo significantly up on its stock rating - I think it has the same engine as the Leon MK2 (197bhp stock, 207lbft torque). Stage 1 is meant to take it to 240-255. Stage 2 should push it to 270-285s, Stage 2+ pushes 300 bhp. But if you head over to audizine people have pushed the 2.0T hard and there are some big figures over there so don't see why you couldn't get higher if you had the time and money.

I haven't actually checked for carbon build up, but it seems to be unavoidable. I keep meaning to take the throttle body off and stick a camera up there to take a look. At 50k and with all I've read, I assume that it will have enough layers that if I get it done now, it will last the next 3-4 years of ownership!

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Thanks for your reply, can't wait to get mine haha just need to wait for the right one to come up :)

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Anyone ever seen a tsi exeo with xenons ? Ever better the led drl xenons ?

Never seen one, but theoritically they should exist. Had a look and there were 4 Exeo Sport TSI registered in 2013, 8 in 2012 , 15 in 2011 and the facelift happened during 2011. Not sure if that would be ST or saloons though and not sure what you are after.

Mine's from the 2010 vintage and 1 of 70 from that year.

Common is one thing they definitely are not!

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members