What did you and your MK2 do today?

Mar 22, 2012
South east
MOT, 2 new Dunlop sport maxx RT's and 4 wheel alignment. Alignment was out drives much better now!
e3d6144708c2a4e7c59047980f721b7c.jpg

Service due too, major so will have to wait till next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
Fitted 4 new AVON ZZ5s

225 40 ZR18 92Y

£319.96 all in

Not too bad I thought

Had 2 Dunlop Sportmax TTs, 1 Sportmax RT and Cooper on from the previous owner.

Liked the Sportmaxx but wear too fast. In comparison when I swapped front to back a few weeks ago I realised the Cooper was made from concrete!

Went for the ZZ5 rather than the ZV5 as the wet grip is a lot better.

ZZ5 rates at E for economy, A for wet grip and 70db noise. The ZV5 was C, C, 72db.

It now feels a little smoother and a little more direct at the front.

Jimbo

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
Car back from the garage today , lots of work done; front suspension arm, drop links, new rear anti roll bar and links, rear shocks, pads, fluid and filter service and four wheel alignment. Drives like new, very pleased. Feels a million times better than before and you can't compare it to the 206 I've been using.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yantos

Yantos
Feb 13, 2015
West Wales
Broke down last night and got recovered to the dealer. PD170 so feared injector fault but was hoping for something like blocked fuel filter. However, turns out the stud holding the cam belt tensioner in place had worked loose and the the very slack cambelt had slipped, retarding the timing! Luckily engine was fine but had to have the hole for the stud helicoiled, new stud fitted, new tensioner and new cambelt! Car is now running absolutely sweet, doesn't misfire occasionally as it did previously and is quieter than it was.

Best bit - free of charge - big compliments to Gareth Hughes motors of Sardis, Haverfordwest for excellent service and super fast turnaround despite clearly being really busy. I expect the cost will be recovered from seat uk as clearly a manufacturing defect. They said they had never seen this before.

Lucky escape I think.

Ian:D

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I finally found out why the balancing could never be fully sorted, both rear wheels have a slight kink in them! 2 new wheels needed:cry:

Do I bite the bullet and just get 4 new alloys and try to find 2 straight 18" Andromedas? Decisions decisions.....

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
I finally found out why the balancing could never be fully sorted, both rear wheels have a slight kink in them! 2 new wheels needed:cry:

Do I bite the bullet and just get 4 new alloys and try to find 2 straight 18" Andromedas? Decisions decisions.....

Can they not be repaired? If you were closer, i have a set of 4 Andromedas in my shed that are cheap... All in need a refurb though.

Is it really noticeable on the rears? rear wheel balancing is a lot less noticeable than it is on the fronts

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Apparently not mate, the kinks are enough to cause wear on the tyres and I get a vibration at 'higher' speeds. Thanks, I think I have found some on eBay that might fit the bill, kit much more than the cost a refurb. To be honest I'm just glad I found out what the cause is!

oisin mc r

Jul 20, 2010
Bury manchester
Coilovers bought and fitted to the car, it's not as low as I would of thought but it certainly does look a lot better than at standard height and I think the overall comfort is not much different from original.will put pictures up later if I get a chance.also hope to get an induction kit today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
MOT this morning.

To my surprise it passed, with no advisories. They didnt even mention the small plate on the front. :)

If the weather holds out I might attempt the headlight tint and plasti-dip the badges.

Mrs Ibiza 130

Jul 9, 2010
south wales border
4.30 am this morning a deer hit mine on way to work. Was shaking after, now carmed down. Wow it moved the car across the road. piffed it damaged my baby leon as i look after it and spoil it.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Good day today, after the MOT went well I thought I might as well get on with tinting the headlights and spraying the front grille badge.

Headlight 50/50

Finished

Wrapping stuff is a right pain, and close up there are a couple of imperfections but happy none the less.

Now onto the badge, used plasti-dip and find it very easy to use.

And fitted :)

Badge needs touching up, which I'll do tomorrow. When peeling the excess off I caught a bit of the side. No biggy though, just a 10 min job for tomorrow.

Hopefully get the rear badge done tomorrow too.

Comments welcome.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East

Badge needs touching up, which I'll do tomorrow. When peeling the excess off I caught a bit of the side. No biggy though, just a 10 min job for tomorrow.

Hopefully get the rear badge done tomorrow too.

Comments welcome.

Have a comment - looks awesome mate. Really makes the front look mean.
Hmm got me thinking about tinting now ;)

Last edited:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Not a fan of the black badge (badgeless or leave it as is IMO) but you've done a great job. Makes me want to tint my headlights

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.