Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
I did, lee is a good friend of a friend. His westie is currently under going a re-chassis.

Sadly the car I've bought is literally just a shell (with cage). He now has a 200cup racer as his Clio fix. Although I've promised him he can get back in the hot seat any time (one of the only people I trust!)

BoostHard

Complete Plonker
Nov 25, 2012
At Work.......
www.Passionford.com
I was lucky enough to go out in his old 3dr cossie a few years back, just before he sold it.
My legs were like jelly after I got out.
Went round Combe with him.
Lee is a very genuine guy. Always willing to chat and help out were possible.

His Westfield is just ridiculous

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Chip and mike Woodford 2 of my best friends funnily enough. Yeh totally agree about lee, he has said he is very glad it has gone to someone he knows. I've not experienced his westie, I've seen that video though lol

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Yes and no, we rebuilt it about 2 years ago now, fully forged etc and mapped to ~300bhp, but he ignored my concerns regarding the injectors. Then about 6 months later it melted a piston. It's now got a 197 engine in with itbs and nitrous.

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
So with the ph1 dying of rust, I collected this shell:

Porkies old cup, complete with safety devices full cage.

This thread will be a build log more than a thread.

Slowly things are coming together for the engine build, things have been turning up slowly, but surely.
Spec will be based around the following, with minor details changing.

1.8 20v turbo, bored and stroked to 2.0

Large port head with super tech valves,springs and retainers

Badger 5 cams

Wiseco Pistons (9:1CR)

ZRP Rifle drilled forged con rods

GTX3071 (may even go GT35)

Suspension will be the Roll centre kit and b14's, but these will be changed to possibly BC's but I've got something planned for the future so this may wait.

Interior
Will have a Dash2, and remote pedal box to get rid of my clutch issues (master cyl over heating due to turbo/manifold)

Here's the pics of stuff I e already gathered...
2.0 crankshaft

ZRP Rods

Large port head

And a weathered block

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Few more bits have turned up...

ARP head studs and main bearing studs & remote pedal box (I'll grab a picture tomorrow)

My GTX3582r with a gt30 compressor housing machined to suit.

Dash2

Just waiting on the wiseco pistons and supertech valve train to arrive before I can get the motor built.

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
ARP's

Pedal box:

ACL's arrived, let's hope they're within tolerance when I build it all up!

Supertech valves, titanium valve springs and retainers have all been ordered, just awaiting delivery.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
This is so awesome. GT35 in that woweeeeeeeeeeeeee... Great stuff look forward to seeing how this pans out dude.

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Pistons are here (many thanks to Bill@badger5)

Bit of help from a mate today.

He came up, and we got the pedal box positioned, seat roughly positioned, then attacked it in the form of making it lighter. Any unnecessary wiring removed (stereo/airbag/alarm etc)

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Little update..

Loom is all back together, @stopherson has popped up a few times and we've had the seat rails welded in, sadly no pics of that.

Meanwhile engine parts are arriving thick and fast.

Downpipe parts:
B0BCC861-70E2-45B0-9D2C-3FCEBCD6CFE9_zpschvf1ikx.jpg

Turbosmart compgate external waste gate
D80D4ED0-6530-4A63-95D4-C98F4D6E1754_zpsuwtylarf.jpg

Then popped up to badger5 today as I was on trackday support for a few guys, and ordered my cams, but also came away with a billet interference fit crankshaft sprocket, ARP Crank bolt, ARP Flywheel bolts.
D4AEC843-E1AE-4211-B9BE-5A456E578184_zpstolrmqlg.jpg

Engine is coming out the grey one this weekend to raid the clutch and flywheel to get the whole bottom end assembly off for dynamic balancing.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.