SCN Badger 5 UK ROLLING ROAD meet for all ko4 2.0 tfsi's feb 2014********

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Do we know what exact make of intercoolers those cars had on the day?
Mines an APR one... uber cool, especially with its meth
I always thought the marketing hype around intercoolers was a little unfounded but to be fair your APR one helped by wmi does hold up very well compared to some of the others. Its only when similar cars of similar power are run together that these subtle differences can be seen and appreciated.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
My spec.

ITG Maxogen

S3 IC (ally ends)

APR rebuilt fuel pump

APR stage 2+ V3.4

Milltek 100 cell sports cat 2.75"

Helix stage 2, 6 paddle clutch, SMF

Run on Tesco Momentum 99 ron.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
My spec.

ITG Maxogen

S3 IC (ally ends)

APR rebuilt fuel pump

APR stage 2+ V3.4

Milltek 100 cell sports cat 2.75"

Helix stage 2, 6 paddle clutch, SMF

Run on Tesco Momentum 99 ron.

S3 IC could be a lot better as could the 100 cell sportscat being decat as could the **** fuel lol

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
My spec.

REVO CAI.

THS Intercooler.

Autotech HPFP.

REVO stage 2+.

Milltek TBE with 200 cell sports cat.

RS4 Valve.

Run on Tesco Momentum 99 as my car makes more power on it but admittedly it does run more smoothly on Shell V Power.

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I always thought the marketing hype around intercoolers was a little unfounded but to be fair your APR one helped by wmi does hold up very well compared to some of the others. Its only when similar cars of similar power are run together that these subtle differences can be seen and appreciated.

yep, the benefit of same model dyno days... relative performances can be made, and products which differentiate outcomes can be seen

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
I realise this a holy thread resurrection. But as I have been looking at the info/logs kindly provided by Bill and everyone in this thread I thought I would put in a post to say thankyou and post one of my initial sets of observations.

Firstly I have looked at boost compared between cars - note the S3 Stock comparison was done in 3rd gear on the road so didn't build boost initially as well.

Also the Revo 1 car of Quintin Rose which underperformed in terms of power was seriously underachieving on boost vs set-point - but with greater WG duty cycle than the Revo 2, so something underlying there.

I hope to make more comparisons in the future, but there are fewer logs with lambda/ign timing/injection time/rail pressure details available. So those will take longer.

Specified%20Boost.jpg

Actual%20Boost.jpg

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.