LED interior bulbs

• Thread starter Deleted member 98136
  • Start date

Deleted member 98136

Anyone know, if you've got the LED interior bulbs pack installed by Seat and then a bulb fails, can you purchase a replacement bulb(s) from the dealer ?

Purchased a complete interior set, which supposedly are perfectly compatable from Ledperf, but have now noticed that the two front map reading bulbs are slightly illuminated when the doors are closed and they should be completely off.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I think the factory LEDs have different fittings. I had the same issue with dim LEDs when the car was off but then swapped them out for canbus ones and now they're fine.

Deleted member 98136

The ones I fitted from Ledperf are meant to be canbus ones, so wasn't expecting to suffer any problems.

You may well be correct in respect of the "official" ones being of a different fitting, that wouldn't surprise me, bearing in mind then that Seat would possibly be the only source of replacements.

Possible I suppose that the ones I fitted are not in actual fact canbus ones.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
most cars have low current going thru circuits even when the car is off, this is done to monitor circuits. on regular incandescent bulbs you don't notice it ( current too small), but on leds you do, that is why you see them glow on when car is off.

The original seat bulbs take account of this, as do the better quality aftermarket led bulbs

You can put a small resistor in the circuit to soak up the few ma of current.
But it's probably easier just to buy better quality bulbs, although you would of thought as yours are can bus they would have done this, I'm guessing as you said that they aren't really can bus bulbs, so I'd be asking the seller for a refund or ones that are can bus type

Last edited:

Deleted member 98136

Thanks dw911 -

That sounds about right to me, will be getting on to supplier.

Thanx

skk

Jul 14, 2014
I also have the Ledperf interior LED-s installed. Had 5 resistors in the package, very easy to install and the residual current illumination is gone.

Deleted member 98136

I also have the Ledperf interior LED-s installed. Had 5 resistors in the package, very easy to install and the residual current illumination is gone.

Thats right ! - You just reminded me about that.

As I previously said, its only the bulbs that are fitted in the map lights that appear to have this problem. Still got them thankfully, in the garage.

How do you fit them ? ( the supplied instructions aren't too helpful ).

skk

Jul 14, 2014
Thats right ! - You just reminded me about that.

As I previously said, its only the bulbs that are fitted in the map lights that appear to have this problem. Still got them thankfully, in the garage.

How do you fit them ? ( the supplied instructions aren't too helpful ).

I just followed the instructions supplied with the package. And to make them a perfect fit ( also avoids the resistors falling off ), I souldered the resistrors to the LED.

Orbiter

Orbiter
Apr 3, 2015
I am thinking of installing interior LED's however can someone let me know what the effect is. Do they look 'pretty' or are they also more effective etc?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I am thinking of installing interior LED's however can someone let me know what the effect is. Do they look 'pretty' or are they also more effective etc?

The only interior bulbs I changed to LED are the footwell lights.

Red led's in the footwell match the rest of the interior - especially if you are in sport mode or have used VCDS so the door cards are always red.

no issues at all just changing footwell lights to led.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
They give off a whiter and brighter light

n0z-QF7l_97FIFnS89Q8bNpFh-plRPg7_3K_gsmILqw

Deleted member 98136

I just followed the instructions supplied with the package. And to make them a perfect fit ( also avoids the resistors falling off ), I souldered the resistrors to the LED.
Yes after reading the Ledperf instructions I figured out that the supplied resistors had to be fitted so they bridged across the bulb contacts, bit fiddly plus not to much room to insert them into the bulb holder ( not too good at soldering either ).

So I purchsed two more led bulbs off Ebay which were canbus error free, glad I did because these are even more brighter, and at £3.99 the pair, it ain't a big deal.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281364576640?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited by a moderator: