Another Facelift For The Mk5?

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Seems like Seat have something going on with the Ibiza tomorrow at the Barcelona Motor Show with rumours being it could be the unveiling of another facelift for the mk5 before an all new generation at the end of next year or it could actually be the unveiling of the mk6. Only time will tell as it should be unveiled tomorrow!:drool:

(can't post URL's as I haven't posted more than 15 times yet :( )

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
Still feel that he first of the designs for this current generation of Ibiza was the best… but then as an previous Boc owner I'm biased :)

alijay036

Oct 15, 2011
Hertfordshire
So do they give you a baseball cap and an OMGI dictionary as well? It looks terrible as if one person designed the front and then left the back end alone. The engine specs look good as does the revamp on the interior but the exterior is what people will see first.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Good to see after 7 years on the market they've finally introduced a proper full size touch screen head unit and Highline/DIS/ Maxidot style trip computer! I remember when I had mine those were big omissions. The 'Maps and More' Sat Nav they added a few years back was particularly poor and not fit for a car in this class.

Sounds like this finally spells the end for the old 1.4 16v unit too? Impressive it still exists since it first appeared nearly 20 years ago back in 1996 in the VW Polo 6n!

I think its been facelifted rather than replaced since the Audi A1, Skoda Fabia and VW Polo have all very recently been updated and still use the same PQ25 underpinnings (but now with MQB electrics). Will be interesting to see which of the quartet is first to move over to a full MQB chassis in the future!

Last edited:

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
An in-dash GPS and the controls on the steering wheel... And I've just paid my first payment on my brand new Ibiza FR.... Ok I'm pissed off!

However, I prefer my interior. That dial cover looks straight out of a Mk4 Golf....

Last edited:

DarkehFR

Apr 15, 2015
An in-dash GPS and the controls on the steering wheel... And I've just paid my first payment on my brand new Ibiza FR.... Ok I'm pissed off!

However, I prefer my interior. That dial cover looks straight out of a Mk4 Golf....

Feel your pain, exactly the same as you! :)

that head unit is the exact one my missus just got on her bluemotion polo. Its quite nice, even has mirror link (if you pay 300 for a code to unlock it). So are the dials which means you can also change the digi speed display to mph..... :(

Last edited:

hellooo

Nov 2, 2014
According to this week's Autocar, the 109ps 1.0 will have 148lbft of torque. This is well up on the 129 quoted for my 1.2. Could be good, assuming that this isn't too much to ask from the engine. Apparently the facelifted Ibiza is first to receive this engine with a turbo. Let's hope that the DSG hesitancy is solved too..

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
According to this week's Autocar, the 109ps 1.0 will have 148lbft of torque. This is well up on the 129 quoted for my 1.2. Could be good, assuming that this isn't too much to ask from the engine. Apparently the facelifted Ibiza is first to receive this engine with a turbo. Let's hope that the DSG hesitancy is solved too..

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the 6C Polo the 1st to get the 1.0 TSI 110PS?

hellooo

Nov 2, 2014
I looked at the VW website last week and the Polo listed was still a 1.2 tsi. It would stand to reason that the Polo should get the new technology before Seat's model.

britishsligean

Dec 23, 2014
Ireland
I looked at the VW website last week and the Polo listed was still a 1.2 tsi. It would stand to reason that the Polo should get the new technology before Seat's model.

It depends, some companies give free control to do what they want and develop for themselves first then the rest of the group gets it

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland

Not completely true there, it is the 1.2TSI 110 4 cylinder engine that has been dropped in favour of the 1.0TSI 110 3 cylinder engine. In the Polo at least, the 1.2TSI 90 will continue in the fuel efficient model. Engine change is needed to drop emissions, especially with the 110PS one, but as said before, no you feel lucky with 110PS from a South American built 1.0 engine - well lucky enough to keep it for maybe 10 years? (1.2TSI is only built in CZ - oh bother!)

All factory orders accepted after week 25 or 26 will only get 1.0TSI if a 110 engine is asked for, me - I'm hoping that wife's new Polo has been accepted as a 1.2TSI 110 order, "track by car" shows it as being that.

Edit:- http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=416869 seems to answer my question from a few months ago!

Last edited:

hellooo

Nov 2, 2014
Not completely true there, it is the 1.2TSI 110 4 cylinder engine that has been dropped in favour of the 1.0TSI 110 3 cylinder engine. In the Polo at least, the 1.2TSI 90 will continue in the fuel efficient model. Engine change is needed to drop emissions, especially with the 110PS one, but as said before, no you feel lucky with 110PS from a South American built 1.0 engine - well lucky enough to keep it for maybe 10 years? (1.2TSI is only built in CZ - oh bother!)

You're right. I've just had another look. I did view the Fabia and A1 engine ranges at the same time, hence my confusion. Interest that exact outputs are tba for this engine, at least on the configurator page. I spotted that the tba torque figure is produced at 2000 rpm, rather than from 1400/1550 for the old 1.2s. Perhaps a slightly narrower torque curve is the downside?