Condensation in rear light cluster

JBB

Mar 5, 2014
Cornwall
Noticed today that the rear right light cluster has condensation in the indicator and at the top of the lens. anybody had the same problem and what was the fix.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
It's normal.... Pg110 of the manual

In cold or damp weather conditions, the headlights, tail lights and turn signals may mist up inside temporarily. This is normal and in no way effects the useful life of the vehicle lighting system.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
It's normal.... Pg110 of the manual

In cold or damp weather conditions, the headlights, tail lights and turn signals may mist up inside temporarily. This is normal and in no way effects the useful life of the vehicle lighting system.

This is not normal in the rear lights, had both my rear lights replaced under warranty have not seen any condensation since.

Try search this has been covered a few times.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410013

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=412139

Last edited:

JBB

Mar 5, 2014
Cornwall
Had another look after reading the other links and there does appear to be a small crack on the inside, about 3/4 of the way up on the outer edge.

JBB

Mar 5, 2014
Cornwall
Just been to the dealer, to start of with the it's normal to get condensation etc. Then mentioned the small crack on the inside, so damage not covered by the warranty. So mentioned the bulleting about the problem and they then looked it up and seemed genuinely surprised when they found it. Looking at the bulleting mine was in the early stages of the cracking. So booked in for Thursday to have it replaced, and to be fair to the dealer they were good with the way they dealt with me.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Just been to the dealer, to start of with the it's normal to get condensation etc. Then mentioned the small crack on the inside, so damage not covered by the warranty. So mentioned the bulleting about the problem and they then looked it up and seemed genuinely surprised when they found it. Looking at the bulleting mine was in the early stages of the cracking. So booked in for Thursday to have it replaced, and to be fair to the dealer they were good with the way they dealt with me.

Nice one

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Its good that they're sorting it for you, but I must say I find it a little worrying how often us customers seem to know more about these procedures than the people selling the blooming things...

nori

May 10, 2015
Anyone elses rear lights have a little hole in each section? I assume this is to stop the condensation

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
It took me a total of 6 visits to the dealer and a lot of phone calls to SEAT CS to get mine swapped.

I hope you have better luck than I did!

Wendon

Nov 9, 2014
North Wales
Just had one of my indicator lights changes (driver side wing mirror) due to condensation - broken seal. (under warranty).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise