what have you done to your car today ?

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Mk2 phase 1!!! I've owned 2 x Clio 172s, and moved from a 182 (cup packed with factory recaros) to the Leon. Great little cars, just watch out for that cam belt service ... And dephaser pully change ... And aux belt change.

Fantastic to drive, used to get mine on 3 wheels with little effort :)

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Well today I've managed to spectacularly blow up my MAF sensor!!!

I thought the car hadn't been running at its best for the past week or so, so I had it VAG-COM'd and checked over at Lion Garage last week ... didn't find anything so we both thought it could be the MAF at fault.

Booked it in for this coming Friday to get it replaced.

So pulling onto a dual carriageway at lunchtime the car decided it didn't want to play - ran rough as, constantly stalled and whenever the revs dropped below around 3000rpm it wouldn't move ... engine itself running fine so thought I'd blown a hose off or knackered the turbo.

Literally poo'd myself and crawled it across the road to Kwik Fit (I know, but they were the only local garage) to check for a split / loose hose as I couldn't see anything. The guy there tried starting it a few times and reckoned it was mechanical ... said it was hunting at idle and then cutting out.

Had a eureka moment and asked him if it could be the MAF, and he didn't think so ... so with him there I popped the bonnet, unplugged the MAF and hey presto, a working car!

Needless to say the appointment for Friday has now been scheduled for this afternoon.

Scary times.

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I'm just about to go and Hoover and wash my car, just done it a few days ago but got bad OCD lol think I'll polish and wax it, plus take my alloys of and clean the inside, make my car look spanking today.

Last edited:

DannyJigg

Jul 4, 2013
Southend, Essex
Towed it back from the garage and pushed it onto the drive. The hole for the drivers side rear engine mount bolt has apparently sheared some time ago which is why the mount finally failed last week. Apparently it's gonna be more work to fix it (parts and cost) than the car's worth. Currently have 3 options - 1: second hand lump from eBay and swap it on the drive. 2: second hand lump that's built to a decent spec (forged internals etc) and a big turbo. 3: break it for spares. Would prefer the one of the first two but may end up doing the last...

Beckolarr

Feb 6, 2015
Telford
Today, we change the radio to a single din dab radio, making sure I don't loose the steering controls . I have radio from old car so thought we would use that before forking out more money on a double din:) I have missed my DAB!!! Also put in the little pocket thing so I know have a place to put my phone, bonus!

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Just finished fixing my none working back windscreen washer, took glovebox out and re conected the pipe, then had to re conect the pipe in the boot also as water poured out the when conected the front one, so now all fixed, no more wet carpet woohoo

shanky77

Sep 26, 2005
Ipswich, Suffolk
Had my oil pick up pipe replace, sump cleaned along with fresh oil/filter.

Only had the car 2 weeks ('04 Cupra R, Platinum grey) and already done cambelt, water pump etc - all precautionary bits really.

Also had it on the rollers while it was there as it felt a bit too spritely to be standard and found its actually running some kind of map, made 246bhp (210 at wheels) and 265lb/ft. Boost was holding well and fuelling a tiny bit lean but happy as that now leaves me money for wheels to be refurbished and then decide on how I'm going to lose the horrible rear arch gap!!!

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Stuart what's the different in springs on the 007 as I have the same one but think it still has the standard spring in it?

I believe the difference in springs is how strong the spring is. Green is for your standard car. Yellow is for a mapped one.

EDIT: just read apparently green is good usually but people change them for yellow if they start dropping boost (spring being too soft to hold the piston closed)

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.