New Tyres.

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
I'm after some new tyres for my FR, been recommended the Kumho Ecsta Le Sport tyres at £77.98 each (fully fitted).

They've got good reviews but was just wondering what tyres people are running at the moment and and suggestions or recommendations.

After something that's good in the wet as well as the dry and also not too loud. The tyres I have at the moment are deafening.

Cheers

Clazzer

Mar 17, 2014
Stoke on Trent
Used these for the lifetime of my mkV GT TDI golf (2 sets in 5 years, previously 2 sets of Dunlops in the first 2 years of ownership!) as they were far, far better than the Dunlop SP2's that were OE. They lasted twice as long and were better in the wet and dry. I replaced two knackered Bridgestone Potz on this car with two and had no problems with them. I only changed them as I managed to find a bargain set of 4 T1S's which I am even more happy with.
From my experience mate, they're a good tyre, better than some that are almost twice the price. Just for the record I'm not a person that would ever scrimp on tyres so the Khumo's were chosen after lots of research based on their performance.

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
Don't start this off mate people start getting upset over tyres for some reason . Im running pilot super sports, amazing. Others recommended the eagle f1s. Just depends on your buget tbh

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
I've had P zero rossos in the past but the Kumhos seem to get the same, if not better praise and recommendation. I've seen before about the eagle F1's, just seems like everyone has a favourite but for the price, reviews and recommendations, the Kumhos seem like a good choice overall

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
I've had a Kumho KU39's on my previous car (Ibiza FR PD130) and loved them, so I would recommend them to anyone.

I've got Goodyear Eagle F1's on my Leon FR atm which are good but I'm thinking of going back to KU39s when they need replacing.

nilz

Apr 12, 2015
On my S3, the last set of tyres I had were Firestone SZ90s and I have to say they were brilliant, really good in the wet and dry, plenty of grip and also quite long wear on them too.

I liked them so much, I have just replaced them again with the same tyre.

There are some deals to be had on them and I got them recently for £70 each.

I would highly recommend them and this is coming from Bridgestone Potenzas - excellent grip but dont last long, Eagle f1s, very good tyre however they can be quite pricy and finally the Uniroyal Rainport another great tyre but very soft and dont last long at all!!

Hope that was of some help.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Nothing wrong with the F1, it's an excellent tyre but for me the KU39 produces more feedback when reaching it's limit and is more predictable. But if not on a budget I'd go for the Goodyear Dunlop RT or Yoko V105. All depends on what kind of tire you require..

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
When I had them on my Ibiza I didn't think they were any louder than the F1s.

Assuming you're on 18" rims like me the cost on event tyre (mobile tyre fitting company I've been using for years) is as follows...

Kumho KU39 - £86.34
Dublop Sport Maxx RT MO - £96.72
Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 - £116.12

To be honest I think you wouldn't go wrong choosing any of them as they are all decent tyres.

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
Yeh I used them when I got P Zero Rosso's for my last FR. Really good service, cheap and the clubcard boost is brilliant if you have one. I got about £20 worth of tesco vouchers, and then swapped them for pizza express vouchers. So tesco then times the value of your vouchers by 4 when u get the pizza express vouchers so basically for buying the tyres from black circles...I got £80 worth of pizza vouchers haha

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Im thinking of murdering my bridgestones at croft.

All this talk of cheap rubber and free pizza is giving me a semi :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.