What did you and your MK2 do today?

G4reth

FR PD170
Dec 4, 2011
Middlesbrough
I didn't have any removal tools, used a cut up credit card for radio keys and a very small and thin screwdriver. Just be gentle and take your time. Once the screws are out they came off surprisingly easy. The only tricky bit is getting the connector out of the back of the radio and air con panel as the wires are short.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
I used Hycote matt black and grey primer from Amazon. Only £2.38 a can!

It was ok actually, once you get the radio out it's the case of removing 6 screws and gently unclipping it all. Used a towel to out it all back in as I was scared I was going to scratch it ha.

Great so I'm guessing once the radio is removed you can take the panel off it to spray it?

Dorny

Feb 23, 2015
Been to S.h.a.r.k Performance today for a stage 3 (2+) remap :D Running at 362bhp at the shaft and 300 at wheels. 473Nm of torque, could of been higher at 520, but was suggested this would be too much and would shred tyres rather then getting the power to the ground.

First initial impressions are awesome, much better smoother delivery of the power and the power lasts longer and obviously stupidly fast

Cleaning the intake and valves of carbon build up helped it by around 10bhp.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Really like how that looks, really want to do mine but I'm cracking it about removed all of the facia panels. Got all of the trim tools, not afraid of this sort of thing normally but I have the fear regarding this job. I'd have to go gloss black I reckon as I've already got the bottom of the wheel that finish and the door handles are piano black. Must not fear the plastics :hide:

Yeah I wouldn't mind doing mine black to match the piano black door pulls

tinnerrz

Nov 27, 2014
Cardiff
Sprayed and fitted my interior plastics yesterday and today.
Went for matt black instead of the horrid blue/silver standard colour.

Did the radio, speedo surround, steering wheel insert and air con panel.

Personally I think they look loads better.
Thanks to Matt for recommending the paint and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how long did it take you to do in total mate, really tempted cause it looks awesome

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
They look good.

Interesting day for me, had almost £1700 taken from my bank card in fraudulent transactions :censored:

Happy to say the bank sorted it and had the money back in my account within 45 minutes :rolleyes:. Have to wait for a new card now too...
had this a couple of years ago, used one of those 'stand alone' cash box machines whilst on a night out in Durham. Had no choice, normally avoid them like the plague but A. Restaurant we were in only took cash B. It was the closest one C. I was, erm , well oiled ( No strippers involved!)
same as you, bank sorted it in minutes, think it was in Singapore or somewhere they withdrew the money or tried to. After first £140 bank stopped it.
Btw thanks for funding our honeymoon :D

G4reth

FR PD170
Dec 4, 2011
Middlesbrough
Great so I'm guessing once the radio is removed you can take the panel off it to spray it?

You need a very small torx bit to remove the panel, which I didn't have so took the bulk off it and painstakingly masked all buttons etc. It came out really well except the masking came off the CD eject button and I didn't realise and have very slight overspray on a button. Nothing I can't fix.

how long did it take you to do in total mate, really tempted cause it looks awesome

Thanks mate, it definitely makes the interior a nicer place to be and should have been like that from new.
I did it over 2 days but could have done it in a day easy but I leave the paint to properly dry for 12 hours before I refitted them.
I sanded the panels first, applied 2 coats of primer, wet sanded after each coat, then applied 2/3 coats of black and again wet sanded except for the last coat.

G4reth

FR PD170
Dec 4, 2011
Middlesbrough
A couple more pics.
98bc3a812321126378679d226c153041.jpg

d1a0bb5668fc3778aaae0f9823a62ba5.jpg

a1dec8df314ad41f1eee28d20f62c6d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Epic day today.

Popped to the Opening of our new ground today, just shows where passion can take you......from a meeting in a manchester curry house in 2005, to our own ground in 2015

MUFCUM

Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Unlucky Dan! Glad it's sorted tho!

Cheers Matt, very happy with how it was dealt with by the bank.

Fair play to the Bank i say, 45 minutes to resolve something like that is pretty good.

Any idea how they got your card details?

No idea to be honest, though I do use my card online loads so could be anything. Don't usually carry cash so pay for everything with it. I haven't used it on any dodgy sites or anything either haha.

had this a couple of years ago, used one of those 'stand alone' cash box machines whilst on a night out in Durham. Had no choice, normally avoid them like the plague but A. Restaurant we were in only took cash B. It was the closest one C. I was, erm , well oiled ( No strippers involved!)
same as you, bank sorted it in minutes, think it was in Singapore or somewhere they withdrew the money or tried to. After first £140 bank stopped it.
Btw thanks for funding our honeymoon :D

You're welcome ;).I can't use those stand alone cash machines, my card always gets rejected in them anyway. Can't figure out where its from but the transactions were in Rochdale & Hatfield, though they could of all been made online. Biggest one was for £1100 in Burberry.

Daniel and I just done oil and filter changes on both our cars.
Cleaned the engine bay whilst I waited with AG engine & machine cleaner.

Yeah as Gareth said, serviced the cars today. Oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter change. Just need to reset the service indicator now.

Also bought a cheap version of VCDS the other day. Haven't had chance to try it out yet though.

Next thing for me will have to be brakes as they're feeling very spongy lately and the discs are scored on both sides (front). Also noticed my NS front tyre is wearing really quickly on the inside . Only had alignment done about 6-8 months ago too.

Last edited:

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
Looks decent got to say.

Bit of a side question here but looking at your sig - your car on the dyno and stage 1 remap, is yours a petrol/diesel and what did it make on the dyno?

170 diesel mate.. I had a new turbo fitted (standard item) and had it remapped at the same time, the dyno had problems so couldnt give a figure but the tech's said about 205 :) it pulls amazing now.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
170 diesel mate.. I had a new turbo fitted (standard item) and had it remapped at the same time, the dyno had problems so couldnt give a figure but the tech's said about 205 :) it pulls amazing now.

With a TDI the BHP figures are normally pub talk, the torque is the figures you want to see, pull like trains!

Although decent suspension mods and a diff make the world of difference!

-staytuning|staymodified

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
Lol I'm not really about the figures, it's a lot quicker than it was and the car looks great, that's all I want :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.