Rear geometry

gd_85

May 20, 2013
leeds
Hi,

Recently bought a Ibiza fr (04). Had the front geometry looked over and changed as was way out! However the rear is also out but don't know how to adjust it.

Cheers.

Edward9th

Jul 22, 2009
Dorset
I don't think you can, except by replacing worn bushes etc., as it doesn't seem to have any adjustments. Of course, I sit to be corrected!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Exactly what did you get done wrt the front geometry?

Best way of doing this is to get a full four wheel re-alignment, this will first check the rear - which should highlight any problems due to bent beam etc,then when that is okay, centre the adjustable front up to the rear and correct caster/camber/toe issues.

Totally ignoring the rear end as it is fixed, is never a good idea.

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
Exactly what did you get done wrt the front geometry?

Best way of doing this is to get a full four wheel re-alignment, this will first check the rear - which should highlight any problems due to bent beam etc,then when that is okay, centre the adjustable front up to the rear and correct caster/camber/toe issues.

Totally ignoring the rear end as it is fixed, is never a good idea.

+1 but after all that shims are available if needed----assuming there is NO problem

gd_85

May 20, 2013
leeds
I had 4 wheel aliment done and it said the rear nearside was out. The front was way out too (off the scale!). The steering wheel now is off to the right, before it was off to the left. Sounds like the rear needs re checking for damage.

Thanks for the replies. All advice is really appreciated.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise