Lean Code 17544 Logs included

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
So ive been having a lean code flag up on my mk1 LCR its only every now and again and once cleared vanishes for a week or 2,

Its 17544 fuel trim bank 1 (add)
p1136 - 35-00 system Too lean

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh04vk0iyo9xkgy/LOG-01-030-031-002.CSV?dl=0

the Lambda seems way out of spec when backing off the throttle, would this mean Vac leak ?

im just worried about how lean it could possibly be....

TIA guys and gals.

lift off throttle will switch off injectors so max lean.. aka Normal

smoke test ftw at this point.. Confirm no leaks.
weak fuel pump potential, as well as maf mis-reading and O2 corrections having to compensate

std map on there from the looks of the fuel requests.. Not much of a log tbh tho..
3rd gear from 2krpm - 6krpm would give more data to look at under full load

logging 001, 002,031 AND again on 001,020,118

Last edited:

tchallenger

Feb 20, 2014
lift off throttle will switch off injectors so max lean.. aka Normal

smoke test ftw at this point.. Confirm no leaks.
weak fuel pump potential, as well as maf mis-reading and O2 corrections having to compensate

std map on there from the looks of the fuel requests.. Not much of a log tbh tho..
3rd gear from 2krpm - 6krpm would give more data to look at under full load

logging 001, 002,031 AND again on 001,020,118

Yeah its still got a standard map on it, I'm waiting till I have fitted my turbo back before I get it remapped,

I've been trying to find somewhere local that can do smoke testing but sadly can't seem to find anyone....

I'll do both logs later on today and post them up in case you ever have a second to look though them, would be much appreciated, thanks for you help :D

tchallenger

Feb 20, 2014

Solaris

Sep 23, 2014
I had this. You will have an air leak somewhere in your system. Check all PCV pipes,
Turbo pipes, boost pipes, mainly the ones UNDER THE INTAKR MANI,
They are Always failing and go spft n squidgy. Need replacing with aftermarket silicone jobs. Thats prob the issue. Tiny split somewhere. Air can also get in by around the injectors if the seats/seals are excessively worn, and around the throttle body if its a cupra r.

Hope this helps.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
nothing untoward on those logs as I can see...
vac air leaks under the inlet manifold are your likely cause of the error

look for oily pipes under there.. they should all be bone dry. if oily there's a leak close by

smoke tester will reveal a leak if you can find a place local to you who have one

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members