Cupra 280 Revo Stage 1

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
My car with REVO "stock" setting made 318bhp on MAHA Dyno, that was with an intake installed.

A car up north east made 308bhp with Stock mapping on rollers.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I reckon the mapping on them is the same mapping as on the Golf R and S3 sooo 300ps rather than 280.

REVO did say the file on mine was almost identical

raflo83

Dec 22, 2013
Wroclaw, Poland
considering your answears it seems that there are benefits > 20 HP. I'm wondering what my Cupra 265 will show, but this I will know more or less in January once I pick it up and drive gently first 1000 km :)

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Do these engines actually have a run in period? M135i is drive as you want from 0 miles.
Run in periods are a thing from the past mate. If anything, it's best to do high load (not high-rpm) runs pretty much when you get the car. It's all about hard load and quick release of throttle to set those piston rings good and proper.

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
Here in The Netherlands the drivers on the Seat forum who had their car on the dyno came all stock to about 295 - 303 Hp.
OBD stage 1 they came to about 375Hp and 360Nm.
Just fyi.

Last edited:

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
Run in periods are a thing from the past mate. If anything, it's best to do high load (not high-rpm) runs pretty much when you get the car. It's all about hard load and quick release of throttle to set those piston rings good and proper.

That is exactly how I run my car in.
Went into the Eiffel (where the Nurburgring is) and did this for 120 miles.
That did the job really well.

james berkeley

Aug 8, 2014
I guess it would be out of the question to put this "upgrade" on a DSG car? As I understand it, the Cupra280 DSG is the 6-speed version and not the 7-speed just to handle 280bhp...

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
In both the Seat and M135i's manuals, a run in period is still strongly suggested with a mix of driving conditions for 1,200 miles and 1,500 for the BMW. I think it's still worth the run in as all the components are tight, therefore not breaking in could cause excessive wear and tear on components (people are free to do what they like though, most dealers say it doesn't need running in).

For the Cupra 280, are those Dyno figures before or after the calculation of a 15% drivetrain loss? As considering a remap, but shalt bother if it's already producing over 300 ponies

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.