Alloy wheel re-spray - Cupra 280 (19)

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I would go with solid black. Wish the black pack had solid black....looks much better in my opinion.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
If I damaged one of my wheels I wouldn't bother having them diamond cut would just have them all done in one colour powder coated.

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
black wheels on a black/dark car is a bit "basic" imo.

wouldn't respray them as chances are it'll wear off and look naff after a few months.

guessing you will probably have to have them all powder coated as one uniform colour though as it will be tricky/expensive to get things done in the two tone colour that it is as they already are.

tommy918

Mar 4, 2011
North London
i was looking at getting my diamond cut wheels repaired because there in a real state but i think i am leaning more towards having them all powder coated possible black

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Re-diamond cutting is possible but pretty pricey, and normally comes without any or only a very short warranty.

If i was going to Powder Coat them wouldnt go for Black (specially not on a Black car) as the design from more than a few feet away is lost with black wheels IMO and the tyres will look grey unless 'dressed most of the time'

I would probably go for Anthracite or Darkish Grey, it it were me.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Re-diamond cutting is possible but pretty pricey, and normally comes without any or only a very short warranty.

If i was going to Powder Coat them wouldnt go for Black (specially not on a Black car) as the design from more than a few feet away is lost with black wheels IMO and the tyres will look grey unless 'dressed most of the time'

same as

golf gti dude

Lottery win needed.
Sep 2, 2012
Chester/Shanghai

on a grey car?

Anyone got photoshop who can show me what it will look like?

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
it's a pity the sub-8 wheels are orange/diamond cut rather than those in the catalogue of black/orange otherwise id have been tempted.

leon-cupra-orange-performance-wheel.jpg

JF77

Oct 28, 2003
Derby
Visit site
I have araised a case with SEAT with my alloys as the laquer is coming off.

If they fund a respray I was tempted in having them in black as opposed to the grey.

I saw the orange ones on a car in the show room they look a lot better in the flesh.

J

paulolourenco76

Apr 12, 2015
Edinburgh
Has anyone got alloygators fitted? I am very careful with not scratching alloys against pavements etc, but with some slow parking I have managed to scratch them all so far. The cupra alloy are so hard to keep tidy.
So when they go to refurb, I will most likely go for flat Black or anthracite (on a red car) with Red Alloygators. Any views if that would look good?
I would warn anyone against diamond cut refurbs. Reason is simple. Diamond cut refurbs can only be done a few times (as they literaly cuting a layer off the alloy). Once that is done they are laquered, however, the laquer doesn't hold against metal in the same way as paint and will not stand up to the elements. That is why so many people start seeing the laquer going. By contrast, powder coating the paint is bonded to the metal in the oven and stand up to the element far better. Get them alloys done properly!

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK
Has anyone got alloygators fitted? I am very careful with not scratching alloys against pavements etc, but with some slow parking I have managed to scratch them all so far. The cupra alloy are so hard to keep tidy.
So when they go to refurb, I will most likely go for flat Black or anthracite (on a red car) with Red Alloygators. Any views if that would look good?
I would warn anyone against diamond cut refurbs. Reason is simple. Diamond cut refurbs can only be done a few times (as they literaly cuting a layer off the alloy). Once that is done they are laquered, however, the laquer doesn't hold against metal in the same way as paint and will not stand up to the elements. That is why so many people start seeing the laquer going. By contrast, powder coating the paint is bonded to the metal in the oven and stand up to the element far better. Get them alloys done properly!

Alloygators are awful & fall off very quickly especially in rain. Your statements regarding laquer paint & powder coating are dreadfully inaccurate.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.