Leon ST FR 184

thefreek32

May 22, 2015
Hi,

First post and looking for a bit of advice.

Recently took delivery of a new Leon ST FR 184. Had the following options added:

Technology pack,
Convenience pack,
Navigation system high,
Storage pack,
Rear side airbags

Not had a chance to look extensively, but I don't seem to have any media/USB cables for the USB socket in the glove box.

Also don't seem to have the locking wheel nuts for the alloys.

I've got three manuals, but I don't see a specific service book.

Got two key fobs.

No SD card with navigation data. Should there be?

Not sure what should have been included and what some people sometimes get thrown in by dealers.

Apologies if this seems a daft question. First time buying a new car and first time owning a Leon.

Thanks.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
Not had a chance to look extensively, but I don't seem to have any media/USB cables for the USB socket in the glove box.

I've got three manuals, but I don't see a specific service book.

Got two key fobs.

No SD card with navigation data. Should there be?
hi, welcome :)

there won't be any media cables because Nav High uses a standard USB port rather than a Mitsumi interface.

Nav data is stored on the HDD so there won't be a separate map SD (unless there should be and im missing mine too lol)

2x Keys = correct

the three primary books i had were, Car, Nav/Media and Service plus a few other ancillary pieces of paper.

Last edited:

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
On the locking wheel nuts, i presume you took the nut covers off (assuming it had them)? On my car, one of the nut covers is slightly different to the rest... this is the one with the locking nut behind it.

thefreek32

May 22, 2015
Hi, thanks for the replies. That makes sense about not needing cables or an SD card.

The wheels have nut covers but I haven't taken them off yet.

Had a chance to look over the car this morning.

So I have a maintenance booklet with places for service stamps, so that's good.

Took the SEAT sub out of the boot and lifted the spare wheel out and there's the breakdown kit underneath with the alloy wheel nut.

So all good!

Really should've read the manual before I posted but I was too eager!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
manuals stay unread until i get stuck or become inquisitive, it's the best way to learn :)

glad you're all sorted, nothing much worse than having that new car excitement be dampened thinking something is missing or wrong.

Last edited:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
now you can just set everything up the way you like it and drive around (any pretext...) with a silly grin on your face the whole time....hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine:)

thefreek32

May 22, 2015
now you can just set everything up the way you like it and drive around (any pretext...) with a silly grin on your face the whole time....hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine:)

Thanks. Yeah, loving it. Constantly looking for places where I can put my foot down!

Slight regret I didn't go for the Cupra ST but was overruled. Next time!

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
just been out for a cross-country blast to the recycling tip, and there's a 40 limit at the end of the 6 mile run where there's a roundabout and some houses.
bloody 40 limit has been moved OUT 400 yards over the weekend, and a speed camera installed about 50 yards from the place the limit used to take effect.
didn't notice it first time....:-(
thought they were only for accident black spots. Lived here 25 years and never seen one there.
probably be a few now as people suddenly spot the camera and brake hard.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
just been out for a cross-country blast to the recycling tip, and there's a 40 limit at the end of the 6 mile run where there's a roundabout and some houses.
bloody 40 limit has been moved OUT 400 yards over the weekend, and a speed camera installed about 50 yards from the place the limit used to take effect.
didn't notice it first time....:-(
thought they were only for accident black spots. Lived here 25 years and never seen one there.
probably be a few now as people suddenly spot the camera and brake hard.

Becoming very common and all justified in the name of safety.

Just like they have been knobbled over the so called safer 50 limits rather than 60 on rural roads.
Turns out that a 50mph road only needs an annual inspection but a 60mph road requires inspecting 4 times a year !!!!!!! - don't you just love the fekkin European Union :ban:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
actually a fun stretch to drive on.
Shefford to Lower Caldecotte...
If you remember the Top Gear episode where James May had a caravan suspended from an airship (borrowed from Cardington Hangars), and Hammond raced him in a grey Aventador?
I was following them, on my way to the tip, in my old Merc, one car behind the car behind the Lambo. Which was behind the Camera Car Range Rover. They got to the roundabout, and circled it and headed off back towards Shefford and probably Cardington....just one 800 yd stretch of 40 limit in the middle. The rest is flat, twisty/straight, good views ahead for overtaking.
fun

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.