Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
mirrorlink i think is android, but if manufacturers are going down the route of ONLY including mirrorlink as the means of getting satnav then i would suggest that they are also compatible with applecar or whatever they call it.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Just spent 15/20 minutes looking through this and it basically looks like we're screwed lol

Well done VW/Audi Group, looks like if you want newer maps, the cheapest place you'll get them is on ebay for around £80

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
mirrorlink i think is android, but if manufacturers are going down the route of ONLY including mirrorlink as the means of getting satnav then i would suggest that they are also compatible with applecar or whatever they call it.
there are currently 5 that i know of, Apple Car Play, Android Auto, MirrorLink, Ford's whatever it is and Bosch have just introduced a system, compatible with Apple and 'Droid for the JLR group.

Last edited:

Tokim

May 25, 2015
I tried to install the latest map update (May) and it doesn't work. The previous update (November 2014) used to work but I don't have a backup. Can someone please send me by Dropbox the maps from november?
Thanks

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site

The thread already explains that unless you have mapcare (which isn't available in the UK) you're not able to update the maps. You must purchase a new SD card from the dealers and have it paired to the car. You cannot do it yourself.

Tokim

May 25, 2015
Yes, but in april I updated it with November 2014 version and it worked! Maybe it was the same version that already cam with my car, I don't know...
Then yesterday I tried to update to the newer version (may 2015) and it stopped working. I need the "November 2014" version back again but it's gone from the website. Does anyone have that file? Thanks

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
maybe you had the latest version and nothing was actually updated. if the website you're referring to is the HERE website then you either need Mapcare (not in the UK as mentioned) or heed this information:

"To get the latest version of your HERE map, you will need to contact your local SEAT dealer."

however if your dealer made any suggestion that maps could be updated from that website without restriction then you'll need to take the issue up with them. one read through this thread should highlight the significant lengths people have gone through to try to get updates to work.

i've not yet found a link or archive to the Nov 14 update.

Last edited:

Tokim

May 25, 2015
Yes, maybe it was the same version that was on the sd card from factory and I thought I was updating it. The problem is I can't find any link to download the November 2014 file to write it back to the sd. If someone has it, please pm me! Thanks!

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
... which will still need dealer activation?
Nope. Don't know where the dealer activation requirment has come from? Dealer has nothing to do with maps other than selling you a new sd card

My car will take any SD card as long as the part number is suitable. For example my V3 card which came with the car is part 5F0.919.866.E

My dealer told me for a V5 card it would plug straight in and work as long as the part number is 5F0.919.866.H

I bought one on eBay (£40) second hand stuck it in and away it goes.

I also tried V6 which is the same part but it ends with .K which didn't work.

Last edited:

Deleted member 98136

Pew,

Your reply made good reading up until I got to read the very last line, reading it gave me the impression that there may be some hope of upgrading without paying top dollar prices - that is until the last line.:cry:

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Pew,

Your reply made good reading up until I got to read the very last line, reading it gave me the impression that there may be some hope of upgrading without paying top dollar prices - that is until the last line.:cry:

Haha

Has anyone tried actually updating and old card with a new one ? I mean new maps from a card that seat have confirmed will work in the their car?

I know people have got maps from that navigation website but we've no idea what part / card or even car they are from so it's no wonder they don't work since only certain parts nunbers work in certain cars

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
I've got version 6 for sale if any one is interested. Bought it from the dealership for £122 (in a golf now so obviously don't need it)
Post the part number that's on the card and members can check with seat if it's suitable for their car.
I would have it but my unit will only take up to V5 :(

CharlesTheTog

Jan 28, 2015
Post the part number that's on the card and members can check with seat if it's suitable for their car.
I would have it but my unit will only take up to V5 :(

Ohh okay. i was under the impression that if you took it to a seat dealership they would be able to install it on any version?

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Nah, certain cars only allow up to certain sd card part number. I've tried lol there is dealer invovement in changing cards other than selling you the upgrade that suits your unit

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.