Seat Leon Upgraded Sound System

Mcburns88

May 17, 2015
Does anybody have any pictures of where the Subwoofer is in the boot.

Hoping to order a Leon ST FR during the summer and considering this upgrade.

Thanks!

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
too dark to take my own pic but it sit's inside the spare wheel.

courtesy of whoever's image this belongs to :) [edit: JK1 :thumbup:]
PvUNYbC.jpg

sorry Bogwoppit, seems i was looking for an image while you were finding the thread lol

Last edited:

Mcburns88

May 17, 2015
Thanks lads :) questions answered

I'll have a dog in the boot a lot so wanted to make sure it wasn't somewhere he'd be able to get at it :happy:

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
no probs :)

it has it's own volume control on the head unit so if you still want to listen to music while your passenger's in the boot so it shouldn't be too uncomfortable for him :D .. or you could get him some ear defenders :whistle:

Last edited:

Mcburns88

May 17, 2015
no probs :)

it has it's own volume control on the head unit so if you still want to listen to music while your passenger's in the boot so it shouldn't be too uncomfortable for him :D .. or you could get him some ear defenders :whistle:

:D I'll try find some ear defenders that fit ;)

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Not sure where I found that picture but it's not mine, thats the one without a spare tyre which I don't think they do anymore.

But anyway, yes it all sits in the spare wheel so there's no loss of boot space or protruding cables to snag/chew which I really liked.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
Not sure where I found that picture but it's not mine, thats the one without a spare tyre which I don't think they do anymore.

i presumed it was your image and im not an ignorant person so i'd rather say thanks than take something for granted.

i thought something looked amiss with the pic when i previewed it lol :)

from another forum
xPDyvfyl.jpg

Last edited:

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
Anyone know the correct sized space saver wheel I need for my 5dr FR 184hp Model, it has the standard 17" alloys on if that helps...

16" and 18" are quoted as options so id think 16 with standard wheels as every space saver i've owned previously have been a smaller diameter than the alloys fitted.

Last edited:

gurpalbasra

Jul 14, 2008
This looks very much like the Bose Sub fitted into certain Mazda cars. Have been retro-fitted to VAG brands. Could start something off here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow
Does the upgraded sound system get a better head unit? Really wish i opted for it as the standard sound is so boomy! The bass is so loose!

Last edited:

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Does the upgraded sound system get a better head unit? Really wish i opted for it as the standard sound is so boomy! The bass is so loose!

Same head unit but with additional centre mounted dash speaker and subwoofer in the spare wheel, in the boot (as above)

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.