fr 170 questions.

Mackers

Part Man, Part Metal
May 17, 2007
Bangor. N.Wales
Hi all. Just picked up an 06 170bhp fr tdi...
What easy mods can i do. In my old leon i blanked the egr and lowered.
But i not gotta clue with my new leon.
Any help. Advice. Links. Parts for sale greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Wayne

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Mk2 = DPF, remove this along with a decat downpipe, remove the EGR and then lowering, exhaust, big turbo/hybrid or whatever else you want!

Search Darkside Developments' site for some ideas on what other bits you can do.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Just remove the dpf innards. The cat block and dpf are in the same shell. then weld it up and re fit it. no one is non the wiser then.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
As MJ has said regards DPF if you gut it all should be fine regards the mot,as it's just a visual check and an emission check.

Best to go with a reputable tuner for this as the regen cycle will need to be de-activated properly otherwise you could be in for a lot of issues.

Bassically a remap will be needed after the DPF has been gutted and the tuner should remove the relative DPF software.

Mackers

Part Man, Part Metal
May 17, 2007
Bangor. N.Wales
I was trying to save costs. As i have 2 friends who are mechanics and able to do this for me... as they did my audi v6tdi by gutting the 2x cats. No lights come on those cars... but i was hoping for them to do the job. Then travel to my nearest decent mapper in either chester or manchester 65 or 100miles respectively to get it mapped and light off. Rather than paying for it all in 1 go.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
That would be fine mate, just make sure whoever you choose to map her that they are capable of de activating the regen cycle.

One company you could call for any questions you may have is big fish tuning I've seen a fair few happy customers on here. Unfortunately they are miles away from you but if you rang I'm sure they would give you five mins of there time :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members