What did you and your MK2 do today?

streetbeef

Aug 11, 2010
crawley west sussex
after posting a thread earlier in the week which had no replies, I decided to take a bit of a gamble and ordered this.

3 " downpipe with 200 cell race cat. brand new and delivered for less than £200, quality seems pretty good, I doubt it will last a long as a bcs or milltek but for the money, very happy indeed.

phateuk

Oct 21, 2014
Mrs picked up a puncture in the left rear - huge metal bolt right through the middle. Went to ProTyre to get it fixed to find out it's blown the inner seals and needed replacing. They were halfway through putting a cheap tyre on to last me when they spotted the front left had a huge bulge and was dangerous.
Did done research and decided to follow everyone's advice and had 2 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy2's fitted to the front and moved the crappy Kumho Ecsta XT KU37s to the rear. £81.60 each in 225/40/R18 format plus £25 fitting, so around £197 all in including balancing and tracking :D

Unbelievable difference! Was struggling to put the 260bhp down with the Ecstas before, especially in the wet but now it just pulls and grips!

Also replaced the crappy yellow halogen DRLs and sidelight bulbs with LEDs from Hids-Direct as well, look awesome with the Xenons and no Cambus errors!

Last edited:

CameronJohnston

Jun 2, 2014
Central Scotland
Fitted my Triple R splitter and changed my hpfp cam follower this morning.

489119330dfe20510b6c821fe812c028.jpg

c22325fdac0f7f34e1c694b6b993105e.jpg

Looks good mate, mines is on its way. Hopefully this week

streetbeef

Aug 11, 2010
crawley west sussex
That actaully looks really good quality and at that price you cant really go too wrong.
If it fits fine id have that over the miltek myself, does it have two holes in it for lambda sensors?

Fits perfectly mate, 2 holes for lambda probes, you also get a decent clamp and new exhaust gasket for the turbo. Just need a stage 2 map now. Less than 200 quid over 600 for a milltek, I'm glad I took the punt. If we were not saving for a house it would have been a bcs, but hey I'm happy.

DansFR

Apr 28, 2014
Kent
Fits perfectly mate, 2 holes for lambda probes, you also get a decent clamp and new exhaust gasket for the turbo. Just need a stage 2 map now. Less than 200 quid over 600 for a milltek, I'm glad I took the punt. If we were not saving for a house it would have been a bcs, but hey I'm happy.

Where's that from mate, looks good! Does it change the exhaust note much?!

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Turned the wick up further on the Revo Software again last night and have now maxxed it out in terms of boost and timing - WMI is awesome:p. Downside is there is still more to be had from the car (based on the logs) so looks like i'll need to sack the Revo off sooner rather than later in favour of some R-Tech magic along with some extra pre-load on the actuator

Been playing around with the SPS over the last few days too - did a bit of driving in Valet mode with a 3k rpm limit and zero boost, then on stock performance (which is actually great when it's as wet as it is at the moment - zero traction issues :rofl:) It made me realise how linear, torqueless and boring the car drove as standard though :lol:

The difference between stock mode and full power/settings though :funk::whistle:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Yes, can be turned off with VCDS

Normally a pretty sharp stop from a fair old speed needed to make them flash :drive2:

Last edited:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Yes, can be turned off with VCDS

Normally a pretty sharp stop from a fair old speed needed to make them flash :drive2:

Dual cabbageway approaching roundabout so 70 to 20 ish, fairly brisk stop :whistle:

Cheers though, will look for somebody local who will exchange for beer tokens :)

Last edited:

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Dual cabbageway approaching roundabout so 70 to 20 ish, fairly brisk stop :whistle:

Cheers though, will look for somebody local who will exchange for beer tokens :)

Why would you want emergency brake assist disabling though, it's a safety feature.

The hazards and/or brake flash indicates to anyone following that you are braking/slowing down rapidly, instead of normal braking.
It can sometimes be the difference between making a safe fast/emergency brake manoeuvre and being rear ended by someone following.

Personally I'd leave it as it is, but it's your car.

Why would you want emergency brake assist disabling though, it's a safety feature.

The hazards and/or brake flash indicates to anyone following that you are braking/slowing down rapidly, instead of normal braking.
It can sometimes be the difference between making a safe fast/emergency brake manoeuvre and being rear ended by someone following.

Personally I'd leave it as it is, but it's your car.

Brake lights are an indication of stopping or slowing hazard lights arent, brake lights flashing are in my mind an idication of somebody dabbing the brakes.
Brake lights and the car in front getting closer is an indication that i need to lose speed.
I dont see how having lights that are already a feature flashing indicates anything apart from there purpose if the lights that started flashing were a diffent colour how ever this would be a safety feature as people would know someone is braking heavily.

Its just nannying where its not needed really.

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
Brake lights are an indication of stopping or slowing hazard lights arent, brake lights flashing are in my mind an idication of somebody dabbing the brakes.
Brake lights and the car in front getting closer is an indication that i need to lose speed.
I dont see how having lights that are already a feature flashing indicates anything apart from there purpose if the lights that started flashing were a diffent colour how ever this would be a safety feature as people would know someone is braking heavily.

Its just nannying where its not needed really.

I thought it was only the hazards that flash? Brake lights stay lit as normal. Think it's a good idea personally as you can never be sure if the person behind you is a paying attention or not as we're all guilty of it now and then.

Jimbo

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
I've been doing a bit of digging Re Hazards while braking and found the following

The relevant legislation is, according to HC116, Is regulation 27 of the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations (1989). That regulation is a list of restrictions on the use of certain lights. Para 5 bans the use of Hazard warning lights: -

Used other than–

(i)to warn persons using the road of a temporary obstruction when the vehicle is at rest; or
(ii)on a motorway or unrestricted dual-carriageway, to warn following drivers of a need to slow down due to a temporary obstruction ahead; or
(iii)in the case of a bus, to summon assistance for the driver or any person acting as a conductor or inspector on the vehicle

Referring to point ii above, it would appear from the way I'm looking at it, that the auto feature built in to modern cars, must have stemmed from this point, as for most drivers the most likely place to be carrying speed is on a motorway.

Anyone needing to slow down rapidly from 70Mph on a motorway in any lane due to a hazard in front, would warn anyone following you that there is a potential hazard ahead and to take action.

Don't want to start a debate on the thread, but I thought fellow SCN'ers would find it interesting (or not lol)

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Just a heads up the indicators and or brake lights flashing can be configured with the Carista app.

Doesnt need to be a massive speed, I stopped sharply from 40 the other day and they came on.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I always use my hazards if approaching a traffic jam on the motorway. I thought that most people did to warn others that there is an obstruction ahead, rather than just slowing down a little.