Considering an Ibiza Bocanegra

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
brilliant brilliant cars! quick!comfy!look good!fuels great! 10/10 from me

my only advise would be to get a 2011-onwards plate..

yes you will hear some stories about engines failing.. noticed its the 10 plates thow.. but this is IMO!! :)

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
The later ones are out of budget unfortunately!
So what are the main engine issues. Is it a case of having a supercharger and turbo being twice the worry?

JoshRedCupra

May 11, 2015
Essex
I have a cupra, same engine. I bought an 11 plate. From what I hear the amount you spend to get one you save by not risking a dodgy engine!

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
Yeah I get what your saying, had a look through the lucifer thread and it looks a little scary.
Trouble is we only want it to save the mileage and running costs from our S3 and spending 10k+ makes it not viable tbh.
The one i've linked to looks like its been tuned as well. Are those brembos on it factory options or aftermarket?

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
Been to look at the car I linked to and according to the paperwork, it had a new engine in last year due to a hole in the block from cylinder no.2!
My initial reaction is to walk away.
Is that typical of the pre 11 failures?

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Been to look at the car I linked to and according to the paperwork, it had a new engine in last year due to a hole in the block from cylinder no.2!
My initial reaction is to walk away.
Is that typical of the pre 11 failures?

meh i wouldnt worry some of these bad boys are on there 3rd/4th engine.

also u want a 60plate onwards(battery in boot model)

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
Whats the significance of the battery in the boot. I have looked at one already and wondered why it wasn't under the bonnet lol

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Whats the significance of the battery in the boot. I have looked at one already and wondered why it wasn't under the bonnet lol

the new engine models have battery in boot. plus weight distribution

JoshRedCupra

May 11, 2015
Essex
They are all very well speced IMO! Get an 11 plate onwards :p Mines done 35k but had a new engine build during the re-call at 20k miles so has on,y really done 15k miles and it runs perfectly! (Touch wood lol)

Last edited:

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Thanks for that, I may have to revisit that one then. Nicely spec"d it was as well!

things youll want: AFL(xenons) and Race Brakes.

if you dont ge race brakes (turbo boy) on here can supply/fit a new set of brakes, i have Leon Cupra R brembos on mine now thanks to him.

also a few mods ull want: rear Anti roll bar(whiteline/h&R) a nice set of coilovers(AP or upwards)

completly transforms the ride.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Not got one yet and your pushing me to mod it lol
Cheers for the replies:thumbup:

makes it a completly diffrent car.

id like to say mines a bit of a weapon now its moded. and comfier then a stock boc. so best of both worlds

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise