New owner , 1 problem

Csb311

Jun 4, 2015
Hi guys
New to the forum , from Doncaster

Bought a 20vt a few weeks back , it has 97k and full service history
However after a couple of weeks of driving it I have noticed a talking noise appear at idle when the car is warm , it isn't a constant tapping it's more like intermittent tap as in .. tap.............tap tap..........tap Hope you get the idea.
Had a word with a mechanic nearby and he wasn't much help all he could think was a 'lazy follower' maybe. After that I did a full service and engine flush , this solved the problem for a couple of weeks now it is back again:confused:
Does anyone know of or had this tapping/knocking before and what can I do to solve it ?
If so it would be a massive help and I would be very grateful

Cheers guys

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Prob ur carbon filter or the injectors, mines makes a taping noise all the time it sounds like an electric shock noise.

Csb311

Jun 4, 2015
It's so hard to explain a noise , at first it thought it was the alternator but then realised it was from the block , but how would changing the oil stop it for a little while then it start again ?

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
it could be anything then mate, when it comes to the engine you really need to have a proper look, can't really tell on hear as we can't hear it.

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
Could of course be a blocked oil pick up and that's why it went away after oil change. Don't want to alarm you but best to check all options.

Csb311

Jun 4, 2015
Nothing's alarming it just keeps you on your toes , is there an easy way to check this or is it a garage job ?

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
If you could post a video of the noise it may help someone identify it?

Just record the video on your phone, upload to Youtube and post link here. I did it earlier this week and got a decent response.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.