d45b8768eff2a40eb323ad1ed999586b.jpg

ec0a5cbcbf644204cb60e9ff15335522.jpg
623be80a80ce3466089b76e3022b9bee.jpg

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
No interest in this build any more, but I'll just let everyone who follows know that she's having some fancy parts put back to standard and being sold as a stage 2, low mileage fssh example in the next few months. The double din, glow shift boost gauge and a few other little bits will be up for sale this weekend, liquid gauge and seats have already gone :(. Brilliant car, no hassle compared to my tdi but I have achieved more than I wanted to when I bought her and I'm lucky because I have been promoted at work and can afford something more expensive. I'll update the thread with whatever I get when I do. I will miss her I'm sure, onwards and upwards.

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Congratulations on the promotion buddy! Might see you at brize one day?

What suspension have you got mate?

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Congrats on the promo mate.
Gutted to have missed the seats, they look spot on!

Keep us posted on whatever comes next ;)

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers boys, Sean I've got weitec -50 front -40 rear springs brand new in the garage. Paid 150 in Feb. I won't be at Brize for years, LAET course is 11 months lol, then airframe specific after that.
The seats were gone within about 2 hours, I definitely, pretty sure it won't be another SEAT though.

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Josh - does this mean you'll be heading up here to Sultan?

Fire me some more info on those springs if they've not been claimed...

Last edited:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
It does, I started last week. Are you there doing an engineering course? They're yellow, never fitted and sat in the garage. If you're at Sultan I can bring them up tonight so you can have a look if you like? I'm ideally after half what I paid, so £75.

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Yeah I've been up here a little while longer on MESM officers course. Happy to take a look at some point, though have the missus visiting until late tonight so may have to be in the week at some point if that suits? Will have to grab a pint at some point.

Don't suppose you have a link to these at all? Keen to check out specs :)

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
If you mean me, nope. I've not been able to track down some well-matched dampers so will likely buy a complete set from DPM down the line. Fairly sure Josh still has the springs up for grabs :)

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Bear in mind that -50mm Leon/Golf springs will actually be -30mm on an LCR due to the lower suspension as standard :)

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Got to apologise for this first of all, I said it was being sold but apparently it isn't worth anywhere in the region of £4k so providing I don't get any interest by Friday she's staying. I fully intended to sell it, expecting to get £3.5k absolute minimum for it plus some money for other bits like the seats and double din....
I ended up selling the liquid gauge, double din and the seats, and removing the boost gauge and some other little bits from the interior. Now she will probably end up staying I started looking at new seats. I do miss the R32 konigs I had in the FR.... Not sure if that's a hint?
Anyway, she's going to stay. I'll refit the boost gauge and get another liquid gauge at some point, tidy up the paint, get the wheels refurbished and fit the springs I've got. (I'd bought some new wheels but it hasn't worked out). After driving that BMW which is a piece of **** by the way and sat broken in my garage, I was forced to get this mot'd. She passed with no advisories on Saturday. :)
I had forgotten how nice they are to drive, with power whenever you want it instead of waiting until 4k to get a bit of vanos and having to downshift to 2nd all the time.
She'll be off the road again this weekend because I'm picking up another car to donate some interior parts to her, strip some other fancy bits off and flog on, hopefully paying max a couple of hundred quid for the seats I haven't hinted at, or equivalent steering wheel. Watch this space.

Who wants a f***ed BMW?

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Sounds good dude! If you need a hand with anything let me know, as well as if there's any extra goodies up for grabs from the new donor! :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members