reducing intake temperature

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
Can i ask for some advise to reducing intake temp on my lc. Currently has cone filter and been extended as far from engine as possible in its original position. Also I have made my own custom heatshild but still getting high temperatures. Would relocating filter to where battery sits help?
17079375582_a1d1c22a7e_k.jpg

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Scott can you take a pic of ur full engine bay mate, just want to see what you have done. Thanks mate

cuprar1985

Aug 26, 2013
scott looked at your thread and iv notice you have removed the cold air feed pipe running to the air filter? or can i just not see it for looking? if this is the case the heat shield you have put on is just going to shield it from any cold air getting to it and keep the warm air around the filter you need to pipe in a cold feed so it can get cold air if this is the case.

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
The old feed was removed to fit a aftermarket but never got round to it. Will be putting old feed back on this afternoon. Apart from fitting a thermal gasket to inlet manifold I have run out of ideas to reduce temperature further..

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
I only really have the throttle pipe left standard and I don't fancy paying forges price just to relocate recirc. Has anybody tryed/tested a cooler water spray or cooler fan etc? Do they actually give sufficient drops in temp?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Can i ask for some advise to reducing intake temp on my lc. Currently has cone filter and been extended as far from engine as possible in its original position. Also I have made my own custom heatshild but still getting high temperatures. Would relocating filter to where battery sits help?
17079375582_a1d1c22a7e_k.jpg

High temps are judged and measure how and where?

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
I fitted a homemade air feed and drove around once car warmed up and I received 18.5 degrees on torque app. That is more better than it originally stated (32)

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Surely better to go with a bigger or better FMIC? Saving 1 degree at the filter, im guessing would be lost by the time it gets to the turbo?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
You have changed the inlet air path from one that takes outside air from the front of the car to one that sucks hot dirty air from the engine compartment, air that has been preheated by passing through the intercooler, coolant radiator and airconditioning condenser. Of course it is going to be hotter. Your heat shield will have no positive effect because the radiated heat from the engine is not a significant factor.

You need to restore a cold air feed to the inlet. I think most people take a feed from the foglight area, althought I think that's a bit low and vulnerable to water ingestion in bad weather. As long as you can get a cold air feed from in front of, or to the side of, the radiator assemblies, then you should see a difference.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Water/ methanol injection will be a good investment to significantly reduce temperatures and reduce knocking allowing more timing advance.

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
I've fitted a cold air feed and am now getting a lot lower temperatures. My cooler is around 300mmx600mm so it's relatively big anyway. Am now getting under 18° on average depending on outside temp. Am also thinking of relocating air filter to behind bumper grills. With a waterproof splash guard.

cuprajim92

Jun 26, 2015
Is your battery cover painted or has it been wrapped or even carbon dipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuprajim92

Jun 26, 2015
Any help on an induction kit for my lc wanting one but unsure if I was to buy a universal one it would fit it's says reducer included for 64/76 mm

cuprajim92

Jun 26, 2015
It's on eBay universal cold air intake full kit with JDM filter and it's from Hong Kong any thoughts?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.