Lcr or mk2 cupra????

Matthewsarg

Aug 18, 2014
Hi guys

I've been a fan of the lcr's for quite awhile and I've decided I will buying into the seat fold very soon

But I can't decide if I want the mk1 lcr's or a mk2 cupra
Currently I can afford the mk1 no problem but the mk2 will take a little time to save up for
Now I'm pretty patient and could wait if it's much better than the mk1

I just want to hear some thoughts on both, I've never owned either and would be helpful to hear pros and cons of both

Thanks matt

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
I would personally wait for a MK2 because although the MK1 LCR is very good the MK2 is a much better car and remapping you have a lot more potential without having to change any bits like you would on the MK1 and the K04 turbo on the MK2 Cupra is really good.

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
LCR also has a KO4 turbo, you can also have stage 1 remap without having to change anything.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Well that won't confuse the OP.

You can stage 1 anything without having to change... anything. Thats why its called stage 1.

What I think Ziggy is saying is that you can get much more power from a mk2 changing less than you would have to on a mk1.

But of course the mk2 is better, its called progress, the same way a mk3 is better than a mk2, so if you can push for a mk2 then do so.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Mk2 would be the all round better car, but it depends on how much you are willing to fork out for. Test drive both and see if the difference is worth it to you.

markrich

Sep 16, 2012
Stoke
i have had both mk1 was a great car but is getting a little old now (for me that is) and finding a nice will be harder than finding nice mk2 I would think, and my mk2 drives a lot better and comes with afew extra mod cons but either way you made the right choice with a cupra you will enjoy both I am sure, I did test drive a cupra 280 last week and that now is better than my mk2 the newer that better it seems

Last edited:

lcr.kenny

Apr 20, 2013
Had both and would say the mk1 lcr was way better than my mk2 cupra. Had nothing but problems with my mk2 so got rid

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise