Abs, ESP, tyre pressure warning lights

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
It's going in to get the codes read on Monday so I'll see what happens then. Just gutted it's happened after I had all my wheels refurbed with new tyres last week, money could of went on this problem but never mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
Is that £2000 or £200?? What parts did you need exactly?

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
Had my car scanned today, came back with 00287 g44 rear wheel right hub mechanical malfunction, no plausible signal. Is this what everyone thought it was going to be? So happy it's not the abs unit. I mentioned that I had borrowed a set of 19's to use while I had my wheels refurbed which are larger and wider than my 18's, the lights had never came on until I put these wheels on, he said he has reset the codes and for me to see if the lights come back on, he said it's highly unlikely that the wheels would have caused it but just to see anyway, if the lights come back on then it's going in for a new hub, he also mentioned that it could be the wheel bearing on its way out which is why the fault code says mechanical malfunction. Anyone experienced this....

Kiukas

255hp&390nm
Sep 28, 2014
Finland
Yes, same code last fall when I changed to winter tyres, both rear hubs. Also, both abs sensor were faulty. Stones get between hub and abs sensor and grinds them.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
2 things:

1. the hub assembly includes the wheel bearing
2. its not caused by stones. Water gets in behind the abs ring and when it corrodes it changes shape and brakes up.

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
So what could of made my brake pedal go hard last week when braking causing me to lose my brakes for about 10 seconds? This down to a faulty rear Hub too?