My First LCR, Newbie saying hello

st200john

Apr 19, 2015
Hi all,

As I type this I'm currently on a train to Pembroke to pick up (hopefully as long as all is ok) a 2003 LCR in red, not my first choice of colours but all I could find that seemed tidy.

I will post up pictures as soon as I can, probably this evening or tomorrow.

I used to have a Audi A3 1.8T years ago, with a custom code remap, which was plenty of fun, and surprisingly economic, so hopefully I will enjoy the LCR just as much

Thanks

Last edited:

st200john

Apr 19, 2015
Well I bought it, quickly fell in love with it

Has only one problem , that I know of at the moment. The front suspension is knocking, the to mounts has been changed, the springs are 50 mm lowering springs from jcracing or something, susposed to be h+r, but they're red , I thought they would be blue? I'm guessing they have destroyed the dampers.

Has a few reciepts, one of a 80mm tip, cat back system and a r-tech remap

Seems to pull well, has been owned by a enthusiast from Birmingham for most its life and had a replacement engine back a few years ago, fitted by vw midlands, going to check what code tomorrow

Has uprated mounts and bushes, brakes are awful, I suspect poor pads, so getting some better ones soon (used to AP racing 330mm 4 pots) so need them to be fairly good.

Biggest gripe of all is TC isn't switchable, surely there is a mod for this?

The boost gauge fitted is weird Halfords special,lol, dunno if its hitting 1.9bar or 19 psi and usually around 1.4 bar or 14 psi (my first boost gauge)

st200john

Apr 19, 2015
Thanks,

I've looked at the suspension, which looks new, cant find a make on the dampers, but they're yellow with red H/R springs,

Not sure what the clunking noise could be, its also sqeaking a bit from the bushes

I've done a search but cant find a how to on disabling TC, surely there's a way, the bloody thing is kicking in during 3rd in the dry, the budget tyres don't help, but it needs to be turned off

st200john

Apr 19, 2015
Well I feel stupid, lol

Found the TC/ESP switch, but its been replaced with a interior alarm deactivation button, still does the same job tho.

tommytucker

Oct 28, 2012
Switch

Welcome to site.The TC switch is in front of the petrol release switch.I think the switch in middle pillar close to floor is the passive alarm deactivtaor.

Tommytucker LCR 2004

st200john

Apr 19, 2015
My TC switch is next to the petrol flap release button, although it isn't the right button

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
ha bloody ha.
when I said I wanted to be a comedian they all laughed at me - they're not laughing now....
like Michael mcIntyre - where did it all go wrong?

st200john

Apr 19, 2015
Few pictures of my LCR,

I've had it a little while now, have done a few things, including 4 New Michelin pilot super sports, iridium plugs, oil temp gauge and is now booked in for a complete 3" exhaust system and a full engine rebuild with IE rods next week.

st200john

Apr 19, 2015
Thanks, yeah I like the wheels, they're light too, only 1.5 kg heavier than the TD pro race 1.2

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.