Towbar install

Muddybum

Mar 10, 2015
Hello Simon can I ask how much the full kit is and where you have ordered it if you don't mind and are you fitting it yourself ?

Hi dids,
£341.02 delivered to my door and there should be everything in the kit apart from the blanking plate which I will be ordering from the dealer this afternoon. :)

Cheers
Simon

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
That's a good price, I've got some one coming tomorrow to fit mine,he's not done a ST FR before and he's just rang saying I may need a cover but I thought if I went for a swan neck I wouldn't need one.

Muddybum

Mar 10, 2015
Hi dids,
Plan on putting the full job, warts 'n' all, on a thread but I've just been and picked up the SEAT cover plate for the ST FR...........

album-72157652677327092

I've had a look under mine and the underside is painted, this makes me immediately dubious but we will see!

Cheers
Simon

Last edited:

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
Have you tried photobucket to put your photos on,upload your photos copy to clipboard and use the bottom link .

Muddybum

Mar 10, 2015
I've not, I put them on Flickr and despite making them public, they still don't appear. :(

I'll figure it out I'm sure..

Cheers
Simon

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Would love to see some more pics of this, from further away and also with the bar removed and the trim panel fitted please.
Did you fit and wire yourself and did your car have the towbar wiring pre-installation fitted?

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
It's a swan neck type bar not a detachable type,I got a towbar mobile fitter do it today, he did the wiring today not a dedicated wiring loom.He said he would fit one if I like but he said all it does is switch off the parking sensors which you can do yourself.

hope that helps.

tjdixon

Jan 24, 2002
Suffolk
Visit site
Looks like I am a bit late with the images, here is mine though;

bumper cut;

Electric hookup hinges down, tow bar hooks in behind the bumper;

The installer cut as little of the bumper as he could.

Last edited:

Muddybum

Mar 10, 2015
All good and tidy installs, I am encouraged. :)

UPS tells me my towbar will be delivered tomorrow!

Doubt I will have time to start work until tomorrow night, but I will be sure to photograph as much as I can as I go.

Cheers
Simon

Maverick_777

Jun 4, 2015
Hi all

I've just bought a 2014 ST FR TDI 150 and I'm looking to get a towbar fitted for a bike rack so this thread has been really useful.

Dids - I notice your based in Stockport. I'm only in Sale so would be interested to get a quote from the guy who fitted your one. Would you mind sharing the website/number for the fitter?

Cheers

Rick

seatstu

Apr 15, 2004
Hi Phileddy welcome to the forum

Here are the costs,

Towbar £186
Cover. £ 60
Fitting & wiring up. £165
Paint cover. £ 25

Make sure you get the correct cover for the FR as it is different to the S/SE because of the shape of the bumper.

Hi sweetfr,

Can you please let me know the part number of the genuine Seat towbar you have fitted. I am after one for my 5DR FR but keep being told by the dealer that it is not available but must be as you have one. I take it your car is the 5DR? Also what dealer did you buy the towbar from as £186 seems a very good price.

Thanks
Stu.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.