Mk 2 cupra r v mk 3 cupra 280

golf gti dude

Lottery win needed.
Sep 2, 2012
Chester/Shanghai
Anyone on here had the mk 2 cupra r. They still seem to keep there value on the forecourt. Saw a 12 reg one the other day and still wanted 17.5k. Is the mk3 cupra 280 an improvement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Anyone on here had the mk 2 cupra r. They still seem to keep there value on the forecourt. Saw a 12 reg one the other day and still wanted 17.5k. Is the mk3 cupra 280 an improvement?

yup, had a 62 R , now got a 280. Still struggling to love the 280 as much as the R (first month I'd have happily swapped back) but its growing on me.

tommy918

Mar 4, 2011
North London
i had a mk2 lcr before my 280. im with kazand i still miss the lcr the 280 is definately better in a lot of ways. the ride is so much smoother, it corners faster and it looks better but theres something i miss from the lcr it just felt a bit more raw .i think a lot of it might be because my lcr was modded though and if i get round to changing the exhaust and remapping the 280 i think i will enjoy it a lot more

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Did you love your 280 when it was standard?

Yes and no, loved the car but not the power.

But I was the same with my MK2 LCR.. It felt very slow compared to my Stage MK2 FR TDI, even though the TDI only had around 230bhp compared to 265bhp it was all about the torque.

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
Blimey a 12plate R MK2 that suprises me as I have one from new 2012.

I test drove the mk3 Cupra dsg briefly and am sure it's a great car .It's just come 4th again in the AUTO EXPRESS BEST FAST 100 CARS ! (todays issue )

All I can say is after a re-map and I went stage 1 with Apr and bits added it's so much better (mk2 cupra R) to drive .I love it .

I'm sure yours with a map will be very quick ,but maybe hard to keep power down .

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Secret is to read the road surfaces and squeeze the pedal instead of it being a on/off switch.

Been out in mine today and it didn't spin up once.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Secret is to read the road surfaces and squeeze the pedal instead of it being a on/off switch.

Been out in mine today and it didn't spin up once.

Did upping the XDS setting to 'strong' make a difference?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.