Leon Short Shifter

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
junior munky said:
How does the side to side reduction work then ?

Olly.

. :cheers:

I imagine it makes it move less side to side :rolleyes: So, not only does it reduce the distance between 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 it also reduces the distance between 2-3, 4-5 as you're moving the lever across the car. Does that make sense? :confused:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
No that's not quite right is it. The throw between 2-3 would be still be reduced without the side-to-side reduction, but it would be reduced more with the side-to-side reduction.

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Yeps had that one as well, awesome piece of kit.

eBay short shifter by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

Put a large pin or nail in the hole on the bottom right. Also secure the gearbox by pushing in the pin and pushing in the gear lever (you can also do it without).

Shifter by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

Remove the bolts and pieces

Stock shifter by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

Side by side comparison

eBay short shift vs OEM by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

Fit the kit and enjoy

Short shifter installed by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
It is ain't it, fook paying £100 odd quid for one, that's just a crazy price to pay.

shanky77

Sep 26, 2005
Ipswich, Suffolk
Have a little look through this thread - very tempted to have a little go at this myself, just gotta hope the grabby things don't break when doing the cable reset.

EDIT - can't post links yet grrr - search this forum for 'DIY short shift' and you'll find it

shanky77

Sep 26, 2005
Ipswich, Suffolk
I would say cables need a reset after this as its likely they've stretched changed a bit over time anyway, read about people really struggling to select gears until doing the reset

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
YES the cables do need reset.
Go on Forge website, click on OTHER tab, then QUICK SHIFTERS, then download PDF for the relevant shifter.

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Ma bad well I didn't need to do mine and it's been fine ever since I got it in??

doski

May 23, 2015
Warwickshire
Ma bad well I didn't need to do mine and it's been fine ever since I got it in??

I know you like yours but are they good quality? been watching them for a while but don't want to spend money if i get it in my hands and it doesn't feel solid enough

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
There good enough mate the guys sold 109 so that must say something there, I've had no problems with mine mate, and ND-PHOTO had one also so that says something