Boost...then nothing!!!???

jackoni

Sep 1, 2012
Newtownards NI
Morning folks

Bit of a weird one yesterday, was coming out of a junction and gave it the beans in 2nd when the car came on boost and then all of a sudden nothing....no power at all! Wasnt a misfire i dont think with no backfire or sputtering just seemed to die the pick up again.

No lights flashed and no codes stored, any ideas??

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Wee bit info I found

I'd say its either related to the N75 or MAF. Usually people test the N75 by pulling the line that leads to the waste gate. This will hold the waste gate flapper closed allowing the turbos to build more boost. Be aware that boost will build quickly so I would not advise letting the boost get over 10psi for safety measures.

SlimsLCR

Jul 16, 2014
Northern Ireland
Could it have been traction control kicking in? I attempted to show off the other night in front of a group of lads(as you do) traction control let me down a bag full! I turned and drove past them again to chants of your car is a peep of tight! Or similar sounding words!lol. Prob not what happened to you but worth a mention!

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Could it have been traction control kicking in? I attempted to show off the other night in front of a group of lads(as you do) traction control let me down a bag full! I turned and drove past them again to chants of your car is a peep of tight! Or similar sounding words!lol. Prob not what happened to you but worth a mention!

That's why you turn ur TC off b4 you spin away lol bet you felt like a write plonker, everytime I stop at a set of lights I turn mine off, can't beat pulling away from the neds behind me haha

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Lol it's a must to all ways turn ur TC off, have you got the button to do it lol if not I've got a few on eBay,

jackoni

Sep 1, 2012
Newtownards NI
When my traction kicks in its far more violent....like hitting a brick wall with the odd pop and bang from it! This was more like the whole car had died for a second or 2 then picked up again! Only did it once tho...strange

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
My TC is like that, sometimes I just turn it of when I jump in the car, shouldnt be that violent tho with pops and bangs lol do u ever clean the ABS sensor? They get really dirty there magnets and collect lots of crap on them, try giving them a clean see if that helps, I'll try get a pic for you.

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Best way to clean it is with compressed air, £1 for a small can out the pound shop, or ur wd40 then a magnet, cleaner the better.

pedro1989

May 2, 2014
Bridgend, South Wales
I think the traction control has a timing intervention first and then a load intervention after some length of time (hence the large power loss) - I get it quite often, takes a second or two to get over itself and give you your full power back.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I think the traction control has a timing intervention first and then a load intervention after some length of time (hence the large power loss) - I get it quite often, takes a second or two to get over itself and give you your full power back.

It's ok when you need it but it's pointless when your trying to move when you need to, keep it off that will solve your problem lol

pedro1989

May 2, 2014
Bridgend, South Wales
It's ok when you need it but it's pointless when your trying to move when you need to, keep it off that will solve your problem lol

Of course! I agree with you, I was just saying how/why it was happening.

Generally I find the TC a pain in the a..

Although that reminds me, need to test my latest file to see if the TC is disabled permanently now without pushing the button.

jackoni

Sep 1, 2012
Newtownards NI
lower fuel pressure

Been thinking it is something more than traction control kicking in to be honest! I have a fresh sytec replacement fuel pump fitted 2 months ago and dont have any other issues i am aware of so far :cry:

Would it make a difference having the car mapped with a tired fuel pump then fitting a fresh new one? The new pump be flowing harder or more at the same pressure as the tired pump?

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise