how long do you take cleaning your car?

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Hi guys. Bit of a random question but just wondering how often do you clean your car and how long do you usally take.

I have spent 7 hours today on mine and i aint even started to polish it or done anything to the interior. Is that excessive or am i just slow:confused:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Prob clean my whole car 3/4 times a week spend prob 2/4 hours on it and polish it ones a month and wax every weekend, I've got very bad OCD, no one eats or smokes in my car and if there shoes are dirty they need to bang them together or take them off, I no it sounds bad but my cars my baby, you take care of her she will take care of you, had loads of compliments about how nice she looks and everytime someone gets in there like wow ur car is so clean, what the hell did they expect a rubbish dump lol can't sit in a dirty car, not for me.

ozaudio

Aug 24, 2012
north west
I don't worry about that, it already has that many scratches and stone chips you don't notice any extra :rofl:

Last edited:

chriss1987

Jan 22, 2015
I spent 6 houres on the outside Sunday i got abit carried away in the sun you cant beat it i love it ;) done the inside today seats dash windows everything looks immaculate.

Smurphh

May 11, 2015
2 hours a week, but once a month spend the extra 3 or so to clay / put compound then gloss wax on it to look after the paint as its red so needs a bit of love to stay that way!

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
To clean it PROPERLY, I need about 10 hours ... that's snowfoam, rinse, wash, rinse, ironx, rinse, clay, wash, rinse, dry, machine polish, seal, wax x 2 ... plus wheels individually cleaned, polished, sealed ... black trim cleaned, exhaust polished, glass cleaned ...... then the inside ;-) Only do it to that level once a year.

Normal clean is usually at least 6 hours as I cut out the ironx / clay.

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Day number 2. Managed to go over car with maguires 105 and most of car with maguires 205. Only the roof to do then glaze and wax. Then start the interior. I do feel knackered but will be worth it i hope.

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Day number 2. Managed to go over car with maguires 105 and most of car with maguires 205. Only the roof to do then glaze and wax. Then start the interior. I do feel knackered but will be worth it i hope.

It will be ... been there many times!

Just make sure you wax it well (or twice even) ... after that it should take hardly anything to clean it for the next 3-4 months!

Mine always looks stunning even when it's filthy, you can see the awesome condition of the paintwork showing through.

Look after your car and it'll look after you!

Smurphh

May 11, 2015
It will be ... been there many times!

Just make sure you wax it well (or twice even) ... after that it should take hardly anything to clean it for the next 3-4 months!

Mine always looks stunning even when it's filthy, you can see the awesome condition of the paintwork showing through.

Look after your car and it'll look after you!

This man is right!

As of right now my car is covered in dusty crap and still looks shiny and bright from more then 3 feet away. :)

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Well i have finally finished. To recap i have done.
Degrease engine bay using astonish degreaser.
Wash
Rinse
Iron x
Wash
Rinse
Dry
Remove all wheels
Iron x wheels
Polish then wax wheels
Clean inner arches
Treat inner arch plastics
Maguires 105 bodywork twice
Maguires 205 bodywork
Autoglym srp bodywork
Prima amigo glaze bodywork
Poorboys wax bodywork twice.
Clean glass inside and out.
Treat all exterior plastic with autoglym
Hoover.

Tired now but worth it.

Last edited:

doski

May 23, 2015
Warwickshire
At the moment everyday as we have a birds nest and they sheet everywhere. But I really dont want to park on the road.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.