OEMVAG parts

Adam D

Nov 11, 2014
Has anyone ever ordered parts from OEMVAG site before?

http://www.oemvag.es/

Ordered a few parts nearly a month ago, checked on the site last week and it looks like they've disappeared. Tried to send them a message but had no reply yet and their twitter / facebook is down too. Paid through their site so not sure if i have any protection or not.

Any one heard anything?

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
If you used a debit card for paying there wouldn't be the protection you have from using a credit card etc

Did it have the padlock symbol in the bar or not if you can remember and check with the payment company to see where you stand.

When looking at where the site is registered it only gives so much information of it being hosted in Italy.

https://who.is/whois-ip/ip-address/62.149.166.10

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
I have ordered from them before with no problems mate.
However my order never disappeared from their site, it was always tracked from warehouse to warehouse and then out for delivery.

Adam D

Nov 11, 2014
Thats what i thought, i heard pretty decent things about them from reading about. The site has been offline for a while and with the other accounts closed it concerned me a little.

I know the site was secure i just cannot remember who it was signed by. I'll take a closer look into my bank if i don't hear anything by the end of the week.

Adam D

Nov 11, 2014
Found a facebook page that was still active(ish). Sent a message on there and have yet to hear anything.

Checked my statement and the transaction appears as.

Code:
AF AUTOPARTS, S.L.
Card Purchase
SPAIN AMOUNT IN EUR 43.49 ON 27 MAY VISA FX RATE 1.408649 FINAL GBP AMOUNT INCLUDES NON-STERLING TRANS FEE £0.92 BCC

hmm.

Andy.s.scfr184

Apr 9, 2015
Please keep us updated on the outcome , was on the verge of ordering spoiler and skirts for my fr . their site seems to have been down for around 3 weeks now ! Hope you get your bits Adam D

Adam D

Nov 11, 2014
Looks like they've just gone, the site has been like it has for a while and the facebook pages are still down. I tried calling their company number in Spain with no answer.

I called my bank and put in a chargeback request, 3 days later i had a letter from the bank saying they have completed the chargeback and i have my money.

ah well, i'll have to try and find the parts from somewhere else.

Sandus

Dec 25, 2013
DA - Copenhagen
I've been having the same experience with my latest order.. it's kinda annoying. :(

ordered from them before with no issues, but yea seems they've packed up.

and290sc

Dec 30, 2015
Apologies for reviving an old thread, but thought it might be of interest that oemvag.es are back up and running. I ordered some stuff for my Mk3 from them, paying by paypal, and came across this thread shortly after. Suffice it to say it prompted me to try and get in touch with them for reassurance that I was actually going to get what I ordered. Turns out whoever is running it now have recently acquired the domain and are planning to launch a new website soon. Anyway, to come to the point, everything I ordered turned up a couple of days ago, 9 days after ordering.

Gerazix

May 18, 2016
I think the "new" oemvag.es it's a lie, a scam, think about it, they received payments for 3 months without shipping anything out, then they "close" and it's impossible to contact them. Then a few months later, after such fraud, they re-open saying "we are the same but new and we won't be responsible for the old oemvag.es", after that bad reputation, would you buy this domain?, I don't think so, that's whay I think they are the same, but now with fresh money to start with and do it all over again, so dump to use the same name by the way!.

My case: I ordered $200 US, Feb/15, my bank dind't chargeback (do your self a favor never have an HSBC credit card, you will be unprotected) saying that I gave sensitive information of my credit card so the chargeback not proceeded, so I tried several times to get in touch with oemvag.es to get my money back, never happen. Last week when I realized they were open again, I wrote them to ask for my money, the guy said "I'm sorry I'm the new owner, the old oemvag.es bankrupted and they owe us money too so we got the domain as a payment." yeah right!.

Never, never, buy from this guys, oemvag.es it's a fraud.

Last edited:

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it as a scam.

Looking on the Wayback Machine the company and address details on the old site were

OEMVAG España SLU
Cami Ral 648, 08302, Mataro, España

The contact details on the new site are:

TAES MOTOR S.A.
Passeig de Valldaura, 120 08042 Barcelona

It doesn't take much searching online to find that Taes Motor are a SEAT franchise in Barcelona, so if they were one of the old company's suppliers then the story about being owed money by the old company could well be true.