Seal Leon Cupra Mk2 bad Lag

Twisted1

Jan 17, 2012
Hey Guys

I have been on this forum a while, I enjoy reading the various threads and different type of styling and modding you guys have.
I'm from South Africa, and I have a 2008 Seat Leon Cupra Mk2 (1P).

Car has been going well or so I thought, I have a stage 2+ tune on her.

My car always been laggy, I though that's just how the car is. My tuner told me it was the turbo, so I had it redone recently, however that has not eliminated the lag.

I didn't realize how bad the lag was until I drove a K04 Golf V Gti and then I drove my good friends Leon Cupra last night with a 2+ tune as well on his daily setting.

His car "gets up and goes" (best way I can describe the feeling) and you can feel it starts boosting from like below 2000rpm. However my car doesn't do this.

So only after driving his car did I realize that my car is not spooling or boosting below 2000rpm, when i put my foot down theres a long delay before the car "gets up and goes", and only like 3000rpm will she start properly boosting.

I definitely think its an electrical issue, I have VAG COM, but there are no errors present.

What should I start looking at? Ideas? Throttle Position? MAF Sensor? MAP Sensor?

What blocks should I log with Vag Com?

Last edited:

Twisted1

Jan 17, 2012
I doubt its the DV. I shall put the stock DV back tonight and advise.

@sambryant I don't think it's the map, I had maps from 2 different tuners and the car was the same.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Not saying it's a bad map! I'm saying the cars suffer from bad surge and the mapper will have to tune around it. If you put your foot down in the surge point in the Rev range it will feel laggy.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members