Clutch slip

Nobziller

Apr 26, 2015
I have a 280 and it's now started clutch slipping, only done 5000 miles anyone know of uprated clutches? Or if my warranty will cover the clutch

Last edited:

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Remove the map and remove this post before you even try a warranty claim.....

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Maybe contact your tuner first. If all is working fine the new clutch in combination with an over asking mapping will again start slipping in no time.
Furthermore, should have considered that some parts would go early after pushing the performance up to x bhp and a lot of Nm.
Each to their own but mine (1p) also went early and I choose to do an upgrade (paid by myself, since I wanted/choose a faster car). Have to say I used the dealer to solve all non tuning related problems.

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
I had clutch slip on my old mk2 remapped Cupra. I took it into the dealer and they came on here and saw me talking about it. They refused to touch the car. Was not happy.

I remembered you saying this on a previous thread, hence my advice to remove this particular thread. :)

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
I can never understand why folks just assume the rest of the Car will be fine if you increase the engine HP buy these quite big margins... was 280hp not fast enough like?
Should have either bought the Golf R with 4wd which imho will take the power far far better.
I remember the clutch slipping on my mk1 Leon FR TDi 150hp & it had done 38,000miles I was the only driver & to be fair didn't push it v much atall.
it was out of warranty by 6months but SEAT UK couldn't have been more helpful
It ended up the DMF was at fault & v little wrong with the clutch plate.
SEAT paid half the whole Invoice which ended up being new DMF & Clutch assembly.
The Car was never tweeked atall.

Just to add its still going fine on that rep DMF & Clutch and its now nearly at 100k
some 6.5 yrs later

Last edited:

Nobziller

Apr 26, 2015
Turns out it must have just glazed it as it's now fine. I expect the clutch to take a hammering, just wasn't sure how quickly. And have been told by Revo that stage 1 should be fine on the clutch. I personally don't think the 280 handles it's power that badly, as can get the power down very easy.
Plus I don't think the golf R is as fast as the cupra, considering i smashed an a45 round pembrey yesterday. And he was running 390 bhp. So nothingn to do with 4wd

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Is this the only clutch that's failed on a stage 1 280? I haven't got my car yet but got plans already for a stage 1 box.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members