My LCR

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Put a few more hours in today...

62fcb1f1e0a62ca14f38c36a1f1997ae.jpg

I'm no expert mechanic, but this is bloody hard work! Hopefully we'll be finished tomorrow eve. Another long day at work to think about it on the plus side my catch can should be turning up soon!

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Good work pal coming along nicely. Did any of your injectors come out when you removed the inlet manifold?

Thanks bud, nope, my injectors all stayed put, although I lost a injector seal for a couple of hours until we turned everything upside down to no luck, until I rolled the car back, then there it was! Lol

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
So.. The photos..
2f395a414d7cd9f93bcacfa7dee0db71.jpg

117120b318c3b5dd1c503a0ce865996a.jpg

Now the drama...

The inlet manifold is fitted, the HPFP is fitted, but for some reason, the car is running very lumpy, not because of the removal of the inlet flaps it's more like it's running a cylinder down.
I primed the due pump, then I went for a quick spin, the engine light appeared as I expected for the inlet flaps but then I put my foot down slightly and it cut into limp mode, I turned it off then back on and it sounded rough, not quite sure where I've gone wrong or what's happened... All the plugs are back in correctly and the plugs are all in excluding the inlet flap one. For some reason it's kicked up the ESP, flat tyre and engine light as if it's a Christmas tree... Time to find someone with VAGCOM and work my way from there I guess....

-staytuning|staymodified

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Good progress since I last read your thread. Those shots of the new mani! Im sure engine parts should not warrant a twitcher!

Sorry to see you got a bit of drama going on, hopefully a scan will point you in the right direction!

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Good progress since I last read your thread. Those shots of the new mani! Im sure engine parts should not warrant a twitcher!

Sorry to see you got a bit of drama going on, hopefully a scan will point you in the right direction!

Thanks buddy,

It's okay car modifying is never stress free, if it was everyone would do it! Lol just part and parcel of it all!

I dropped it down to S line today, so fingers crossed he will sort it for me

-staytuning|staymodified

I have vagcom if you ever need any faults scanned or erased im only the guestling side of hastings.
I like the look of that inlet manifold would be interesting to see the benefits from one i guess you wouldnt fully notice it until you have a larger amount of power.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
I have vagcom if you ever need any faults scanned or erased im only the guestling side of hastings.
I like the look of that inlet manifold would be interesting to see the benefits from one i guess you wouldnt fully notice it until you have a larger amount of power.

I have a feeling I'll be giving you a lot of beer money! Thank you.

I don't expect much gains at all until i go big turbo, but it's pretty and needs doing somewhere down the line lol.

Thanks again, I will bear you in mind for sure.

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
is she running ok now? looks amazing :D

All running good, I need to desperately get it mapped, turned out that I had a crap spark plug, so time to change the remaining 3. Thank you

Initially after driving the car with the inlet installed I thought it was down on power a lot, I think it might be on torque. But now I've noticed its moved the power brand and spread it out over the top end, 5k - 7k now just rushes down the road, although I've dropped torque I'm not wheel spinning as much and it's quite long and linear now. Hopefully I'll get the intercoolers installed then we shall see what power I can make from a stage 2+ (inc. RFD).

☺️

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Ohh look what I stumbled across on my working travels...
bc94a4ec0920cc1afbbeb3e9416cc36d.jpg

Apparently it just sits there to rust away... I may have to go wave some cash under the owners nose.... Hmm...

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Cars coming along nicely now, what catch can have you gone for? I've got a CTS turbo catch can and it's a really nice bit of kit.

Thanks Lee, I went for the 42DD ultimate one, just waiting for it to turn up..
63eb13b29d93606e4666b90b3ad6ad15.jpg

I've never fitted a catch can, so hopefully this ones good!

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
My car is going in for front ARB, super pro ball joints and anti lift kit tomorrow.

Now ... Got a few bits lined up but when I'm back from my rally shall I go GTX30 71 or 76?

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Front arb, ball joints and anti lift kit fitted today, ordered new alloys and tyres.. Pro race 1.2 (18inch) with TOYO T1r tyres. But sounds like my rear wheel bearing is collapsed.. Bad knocking.. Unless something's not tightened up for the tracking... No day of rest tomorrow I guess! Lol

-staytuning|staymodified

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
you'll be stage 3+ and braking it for parts by xmas at this rate . Impressive progress!

Did you fit the front and rear anti-lift bushes ?

What compound brake pads did you go for?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members