cai for new cupra 280

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
really, so it honestly is THAT much better? And can you post a picture up, I know in the looks dept its great, but the ones ive seen, the colour is a little off, like they have gone really dark grey instead of black?

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
still uses the original inlet pipe to the turbo i see, any thoughts on changing that? Id have to buy a new one as it was 'lost' in the process of fitting mine

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
VWR say its because its quite flowing and keeps the system still flexible. alot of systems replace it with hard pipes that don't flex when the engine does.

tommy918

Mar 4, 2011
North London
resurrecting this thread to see if any more cupra owners have fitted an induction kit there seems to be a few out there now and im looking to get one fitted.Hoping to get a bit more induction noise as standard the cupra is too quiet and i want to turn the soundaktor down in the near future as well.if anyone has any videos that would be great as well.

alejandrux

Feb 28, 2015

Colour match is about 99%

Hello

I'm planning to buy the same intake as you, but I'm still unbelieve how the air flow up to the two big inlets.

Let me explain with some photos.

In the picture of our Cupra's I see a plastic piece above the grille that covers the two big holes to the inlets of the VWR600, I checked at the grille and there's no way the air enter to that areas.

In the second picture you can see owners of Gti's that mod the upper plastic cover of the grille so in this way air can flow up to the "free" inlets.

Is there a way you can explain me please how in the case of the Seat Leon Cupra works?

Thanks

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
The OEM intake also uses the same "inlets" SEAT wouldn't of designed it this way if it wasn't getting air, air has this habit of getting everywhere.

VWR Cup intake was a big improvement over OEM, VWR R600 was a big improvement over cup intake.

alejandrux

Feb 28, 2015
The OEM intake also uses the same "inlets" SEAT wouldn't of designed it this way if it wasn't getting air, air has this habit of getting everywhere.

VWR Cup intake was a big improvement over OEM, VWR R600 was a big improvement over cup intake.

Do you really recommend VWR R600??

When you installed feels any difference?

Regards

alejandrux

Feb 28, 2015
Today I have to checked again the OEM intake in order to see if there will be some air blocker that unable to flow up air to the new VWR600 inlets.

Fortunately I see how the Cupra "route" the air to the upper side, so with this question solved then I will be happy to purchase the R600 intake.

Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.