What did you and your MK2 do today?

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Whats up with his wipers going up lol. He does look fairly smug in the video but I know when the banana is beating him hes actually quite gutted ;)

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Attended the Ultimate Scottish Street Car Championship event and came 1st out of 86 other occupants in the fastest front wheel drive forced induction and won the heat also winning the trophy :) on top of that smashed the crail quarter mile record which has stood for 7 years the best time being at 12.95 at 115 mph held by Owenand Al Mac

The best time from the banana was a 12.6 at 120 mph :)

If Iv read this right that's makes your car about 9th quickest in the world of 2.0vag engines

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...SI-1-4-mile-time-Thread-Top-20-part-III/page5

Kyado

Jan 13, 2015
How did you go about blanking off the washer fluid line and did you just leave it hanging around the boot lid. Where did you get your bung from. Could it be an MOT fail if it is removed?

Bought this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291477758945?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Blends in really well. To bung the washer hose i came up with my own invention, as I didn't want to fill it with silicone.

1. Step 1: Cut two fingers off a silicone glove (the kind doctors or mechanics use)
  2. Step 2: fill one finger with silicone and twist into the end of the hose
  3. Step 3: fold the finger back over the hose
  4. Step 4: Place the over finger over the end of the hose
  5. Step 5: use electrical tape to seal it on

Should be OK! Taped the hose and line up to the other wires in there.

Doubt it'd fail MOT - a lot of cars have no rear wiper by default.

Kyado

Jan 13, 2015
Looks like this

c5233cfc06b3561f616a1ad4af302cde.jpg

Adam D

Nov 11, 2014
Looks good, really thinking about it for mine, you got any pictures closer where the bung is? Does it look oem?

Kyado

Jan 13, 2015
Looks just like the eBay picture really. Much nicer than the rubber grommets. Sits flush against the windows.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Been to BCS this morning to get the Sport cat-back fitted (already had the downpipe and motorsport cat), amazing quality as always.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Getting my car mapped tomoz to solve the hot start issue. Fingers crossed

Hope it all works out for you mate.

So I washed the car this morning, removed some bird poop on the roof that appeared yesterday which left no marks and all was well.
Drove down to the Air Museum to watch the Vulcan fly past (which was awesome) was there for a few hours, return to the car and guess what.... yup poop all over the roof again.

Get home immediately attend to the poop. Soak it, blast it off with one of those spray bottles, give it another rinse to be sure, dry it and the poop has etched!!!

Throw some rapid detailer at it - marks still there...
Throw some SRP on it - marks still there...
Repeat a few times - marks still there.

Gutted!!
Warning to all, it took just a few hours to do that damage, through a layer of EGP too although that was a few washes ago. :(

Last edited:

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Now had remap, egr delete from map also and new hot start map, so its no longer slow to start when engine is at temp. So much nicer. Would recommend it over guessing which part is causing the issue or spending money on a new starter etc. So many stories of people spending hundreds and still not solving it.

Sorry to hear about the poop. It must have been burned on or something. Maybe the marks will come off next time you give a polish. Don't rub to hard though sometimes does more harm than good

Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough

So I washed the car this morning, removed some bird poop on the roof that appeared yesterday which left no marks and all was well.
Drove down to the Air Museum to watch the Vulcan fly past (which was awesome) was there for a few hours, return to the car and guess what.... yup poop all over the roof again.

Get home immediately attend to the poop. Soak it, blast it off with one of those spray bottles, give it another rinse to be sure, dry it and the poop has etched!!!

Gutted!!
Warning to all, it took just a few hours to do that damage, through a layer of EGP too although that was a few washes ago. :(

Sorry to hear about the poop issue mate, will probably need machine polishing to get the etching out. I've done a few for other people in the past with my machines.

Ollie1990

Jun 6, 2015
Huddersfield

Gutted!!

That's always how it goes, something always happens just after a nice wash! Sorry to hear it mate :(

Anyhow, put some Fly Eye on my rear lights this afternoon, photos on my readers ride, and I'm having a really slow night shift at work, but I've managed to Fly Eye one of my headlights while I've been here, 2nd one should be done on my next break too :) Looks lovely :)

-UzY-

Jun 2, 2015
Good some super brilliant white light bulbs and fitted them, opened the engine up on dual carriageways

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I feel your pain on the poop mate, our alfa has some etching from poop that was washed very quickly. That paintwork is so thin though.

Had a good chat with pat at LVS yesterday whislt picking up the car for minor service. Top bloke and lots of inspiration...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members