Tyre Advice - Firelli P Zero

mgoslett

Jun 27, 2015
Hey Folks

After a bit of advice if I may.

I'm looking at a couple of new front tyres as the previous owner over inflated them. He had some Firelli P Zero Rosso's on there which I really liked. I went for a like for like replacement but discovered there are a few other tyres in the P Zero range which I was wondering if you guys had any experience with? The descriptions from Firelli are a little ambiguous and all seem similar. I can't fathom which is best. Basically, I'm after optimum performance on the road, for good acceleration and cornering grip. You know, for when that GTI pulls up next to me at the lights.

Please, I'm only after advice based on personal experience. I can't post links yet so these are the tyres in the P Zero range. What can you tell me about them?

P Zero
Nero
Rosso
Corsa System

Also, just to say, I'm not quite sure where to put this thread and since I drive an FR I thought this would be the place. Please move if necessary with my apologies.

Last edited:

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
Nobody seems to rate the pirellis on the leon. Had pzero Nero gts on my old fiesta worked well but imo the pilot super sports I have on the leon are miles better.

Have a search, many many tyre threads kicking about

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Had P zero's on previous R and found them ( in 19" anyway) to be very vulnerable to sidewall damage. I think they were Nero's. Replaced with GY assy 2.
had Rossi's on FR, (18") and they were ok, but not brilliant.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Goodyear Eagle F1 or Michelin Super Sports seem to be the two most popular ones for the Leon

mgoslett

Jun 27, 2015
Thanks for this folks. I've bought myself a set of goodyears as many people seem to be suggesting.

I'll let you know my findings

TidzaCupra

Feb 23, 2014
Derbyshire
I was running Pirelli PZero, then fancied a change and went for the Goodyear Eagle F1's, soooo much better all around IMO, better grip and nice side wall wheel protector, you won't be disappointed.