Not having much luck

doski

May 23, 2015
Warwickshire
Just had camshaft done on my leon cupra tdi and now the car sticks in gear

Just reversed off went for 1st pulled out, went for second with clutch to the floor and it got stuck in first.after a few seconds rolling it popped out then wouldn't select any gear. Limped it home the pedal feels ok and there was no grinding so think it's hydraulic related.

Any ideas?

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
When mine did it, it was the slave cylinder. You may be lucky and it's the master cylinder as thats easier to replace.

mine was intermittent and took nearly 4 years to go badly enough to diagnose. I would have no problems for weeks and then it wouldn't go into 1st, then a few pumps of the clutch and it went in fine.

I started with brake/clutch fluid replacement, then gearbox oil and then finally slave cylinder. Did the clutch at the same time as the gearbox has to come off to get to the slave cylinder on the tdi 150's.

doski

May 23, 2015
Warwickshire
When mine did it, it was the slave cylinder. You may be lucky and it's the master cylinder as thats easier to replace.

mine was intermittent and took nearly 4 years to go badly enough to diagnose. I would have no problems for weeks and then it wouldn't go into 1st, then a few pumps of the clutch and it went in fine.

I started with brake/clutch fluid replacement, then gearbox oil and then finally slave cylinder. Did the clutch at the same time as the gearbox has to come off to get to the slave cylinder on the tdi 150's.

I've heard before its expensive so ill budget for a clutch kit if it's the slave.

Only happened once in two weeks then drove fine straight after so will see if it crops up again after I reset the linkages.

When I found out how to adjust them that is?

doski

May 23, 2015
Warwickshire
Got a quote for a sachs clutch kit (without dmf) and the slave cylinder for £490 Inc labour and VAT.

I think I'm going to go for it should the dmf be ok?

Crhome

Dec 18, 2012
Nottingham
Depends, it should be checked while box open to fit clutch. If not in good condition, you should change that too. Dmf is so expensive tho. I got a quote from TPS for original part and it was £500+ Robbery seriously.

doski

May 23, 2015
Warwickshire
Depends, it should be checked while box open to fit clutch. If not in good condition, you should change that too. Dmf is so expensive tho. I got a quote from TPS for original part and it was £500+ Robbery seriously.��

ECP do one for 240 but even that's more than I was hoping.

Would even consider single mass tbh if there's money to be saved as I plan to map it in future, but don't have deep pockets after the camshaft.

doski

May 23, 2015
Warwickshire
Had to have the dual mass done as there was a lot of play.

All seems good the bite is now about halfway through travel and no slip what so ever.

also a lot more driveable as the low rpm vibration has gone.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.