Modifications help! Cupra 280

Nobziller

Apr 26, 2015
I want a decat downpipe for my cupra 280, but all I see are ones that hugely dear! Help?
Also does the turbo muffler actually do anything? And is the air box very restrictive? Or can I keep it with a panel filter?
Thsnks chaps

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
You will need software before fitting a downpipe, the Gen 3 TSI doesn't like it without. OEM Airbox is ok but an intake is alot better and the muffler delete doesn't seem to do much.

Nobziller

Apr 26, 2015
I already have stage 1 and am going to go stage 2 once I get a decat, what intercooler do people recommend. I'm gunba get an induction kit but what one is the best? Lol I want power. Will need a new clutch first

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Mate if you think Decats are dear then i dont think an IC is for you lol you probably dont need it tbh, unless the leon has a worse one than the S3. There are loads of induction kits out there now, especially if you wanna import one across the pond. its a case of noise against heat soak as always.

and you can get dirt cheap decats if youre not too fussed about who makes them :) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VW-GO...tDomain_3&fits=Model:Golf&hash=item4ae6317153

Nobziller

Apr 26, 2015
I know intercoolers are generally expensive, I just found decats at 300 quid really expensive, don't see why a pipe is £300 intercoolersc fair enough, just tying to find a decent one. I want one with a heat shield just Anna know what's the best for the money

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
If you're going open cone then you will struggle to find one that doesn't have a heat shield these days, either the vwr cup or pipercross one will do ya tbh unless you wanted to be unique

Nobziller

Apr 26, 2015
Which one is better, as I just want the cone and heat shield as I already have a forge intake pipe

Nobziller

Apr 26, 2015
Yer now just the heat shield problem lol, everything just seems to be extra expensive for some reason, I know some things are genuinely expensive but, some is so much for something so little it's unreal