Black Grill

Rockshore Website Description said:
Grille designed to Fit:
•Seat Leon 2005 to 2012 (2nd generation) - not FR facelift

Sorry that one won't fit lol! To be fair the description is pretty confusing...

2005 to 2012 can't cover both Pre/FL models
2nd generation could mean facelift... or maybe it means 1P opposed to 1M Leon

Last edited:
No I don't think the models (someone can correct me) should make a difference. They changed the headlight/bumper/grille fitment very slightly between Pre-FL / FL. These pics should *hopefully* show the very subtle difference in shape (FL being slightly flatter on the bottom of the headlights/grille)

Pre-FL FR:
url

Facelift FR:
url

Facelift Cupra:
2010-seat-leon-cupra-r-2_600x0w.jpg

[edit]
Actually I might just retract my whole statement... having a look at some ads on Autotrader for non-FR/Cupra FL Leons, it may be the case they share the pre-FL grille *eats humble pie*

media

[/edit]

Last edited:

RicJames

Sep 28, 2014
Lancashire
I just took my original grill off and wrapped the chrome on it. I bought some black wrap and gave it a go! I hadn't wrapped anything before either but still managed it fairly easily (note: I am very patient and quite particular), it took a good hour to do the chrome surround on the grill and about 20 mins for the badge in the centre.

Reedy3000

Jan 26, 2015
Brotton, North East England
I just took my original grill off and wrapped the chrome on it. I bought some black wrap and gave it a go! I hadn't wrapped anything before either but still managed it fairly easily (note: I am very patient and quite particular), it took a good hour to do the chrome surround on the grill and about 20 mins for the badge in the centre.

Thanks mate. might give it a go.

RicJames

Sep 28, 2014
Lancashire
Thanks mate. might give it a go.

With a bit of time it isn't difficult, there a loads of tutorial video's and how-to's on YouTube, and a selection of basic tools; all I needed was a hair-dryer (YouTube always say heat-gun, but a hair-dyer will do just as well!) and a nice sharp craft knife.

Reedy3000

Jan 26, 2015
Brotton, North East England
No I don't think the models (someone can correct me) should make a difference. They changed the headlight/bumper/grille fitment very slightly between Pre-FL / FL. These pics should *hopefully* show the very subtle difference in shape (FL being slightly flatter on the bottom of the headlights/grille)

Pre-FL FR:
url

Facelift FR:
url

Facelift Cupra:
2010-seat-leon-cupra-r-2_600x0w.jpg

[edit]
Actually I might just retract my whole statement... having a look at some ads on Autotrader for non-FR/Cupra FL Leons, it may be the case they share the pre-FL grille *eats humble pie*

media

[/edit]

Ye that was my confusion. Ordered grill and will let you know if it fits, hopefully that will put an end to the mystery. :D

Just hope it does fit :confused:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.