Lowering springs vs ride comfort?

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I'm trying to find a happy medium, probably 2-3 track days a year tops and our daily drive.I'm already putting parts together to improve on braking and reduce unsung weight.

If the springs make enough of a difference I'm on board, but I'm not getting carried away coil overs etc

Is this for an LCR?

G4reth

FR PD170
Dec 4, 2011
Middlesbrough
Well to update as promised. My H&R's were fitted today. The stance is perfect and level, the ride is actually softer than standard and takes bumps better. A lot smoother on the road and not crashy in the slightest. Highly recommend these springs.

G4reth

FR PD170
Dec 4, 2011
Middlesbrough
Yeah definitely worth the upgrade. I got the springs and fitting for under £190 too. Considering that the car is on original shocks (car has done 118k miles) I'm very happy.

tmartin46

Sep 9, 2012
I found my sportlines quite harsh and I removed them a week before our son was born, still off the car now sat in the garage 9 months later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
I agree with G4reth, had my H&Rs on for about a month now and the ride is a lot smoother, still feel every bump as you would expect but it's not as harsh as stock springs and improves the look of the Leon greatly! Worth while upgrade in my opinion.

p.harrison92

Apr 11, 2015
Where did G4reth get his H&R's from ? Seems like a good deal with fitting included !

G4reth

FR PD170
Dec 4, 2011
Middlesbrough
Where did G4reth get his H&R's from ? Seems like a good deal with fitting included !

£190 is an amazing deal including fitting! The cheapest place for the H&Rs that I have seen is from a German seller on eBay, £130. That's where a few people on here have got theirs from, including me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200737639448?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I got them from the Germany EBay link. Quick delivery time too, and about half the price of H&R's in the UK.
I only got the fronts fitted by my mate who is a mechanic that's why it was cheap. I fitted the rear springs with Daniel M.

p.harrison92

Apr 11, 2015
Fair enough! It's the front ones that are a pain anyhow ! Thanks for the link :)

p.harrison92

Apr 11, 2015
I did them all on my old fiesta, the front ones were a nightmare, and that was whilst using an air compressor and impact gun !