Gear knob replacement

slartibartfast

Jan 25, 2015
Worcestershire
I have now got a genuine Seat Cupra gear knob to replace the standard one on my SE Copa. I have been supplied with a new genuine Seat clip to fix it on with, but I don't have anything resembling the special Seat tool needed to clamp it on with, so can anyone suggest a way to clamp it up firmly without the special tool, or can anyone point me in the direction of a jubilee clip that will fit. It appears that any jubilee clip I use will need to be no wider than 8mm but most suppliers do not list the width, just the diameter. The sellers that do list the width seem seem to be 10mm (too wide to fit) Has anyone got any suggestions please?

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
If yours pushes on as tightly as mine did, the clip seems fairly superfluous to be honest. I cant see how normal operation of the stick would make it travel vertically upwards about 3 inches against the grain of a slightly serrated metal shaft and come off.

slartibartfast

Jan 25, 2015
Worcestershire
If yours pushes on as tightly as mine did, the clip seems fairly superfluous to be honest. I cant see how normal operation of the stick would make it travel vertically upwards about 3 inches against the grain of a slightly serrated metal shaft and come off.

I certainly hope mine is tight like yours, and then I will not have a problem. of course I will have to first remove the clip to find out, and it is a sloppy fit, I may still have to find a way of fixing it tightly. Fingers crossed!

rocky

Jan 2, 2015
The posts on this thread could be taken the wrong way so easily haha

Earn it, Spend it

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.